- Welcome to Touhou Wiki!
- Account registration has been reopened! Register an account if you wish to edit.
Sprite of Daiyousei in Fairy Wars
In response to questions from fans, ZUN revealed some hints about her such as "Ordinary fairies are weaker than humans. Greater fairies are mightier than other fairies."[ ] Cirno is said to be a very special exception in Phantasmagoria of Flower View, but according to this, "Greater Fairy" seems to be a generic term for some mighty fairies, although it's usually regarded as a personal name. She's said to be one of the normal-enemy class (not boss-class) characters.
Daiyousei wasn't given an official name at the time Embodiment of Scarlet Devil was released. ZUN confirmed soon after that she didn't have any official name, though he had done rough sketches for face graphics and initially planned for her, as well as Koakuma, to have their own spell cards. Fans nicknamed her Daiyousei (大妖精, lit. "Big Fairy" or "Greater Fairy"). ZUN later used this nickname in an interview, although he probably used it as a general term for all stronger-than-normal fairies, so the name Daiyousei is still not really official as it's a semi-official name.
The data files for Fairy Wars reveals that the file name for her sprites is called "enemy_bf.anm", furthering her identification. "bf" is likely an abbreviation for "Big Fairy".
The design of Daiyousei appears to show that she has short green hair with a yellow ribbon. She wears a blue dress with white trim and sleeves and also has golden wings. The sprite in Fairy Wars shows that she was holding a bouquet of flowers.
- Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
During the events of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil the heroine was attacked by Daiyousei while flying over the Misty Lake around the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Very little is known about her, even why she attacked the heroine, and she had no importance to the story.
Daiyousei is first seen (presumably) associated with Cirno in Strange and Bright Nature Deity Chapter 13 where both of them were playing hide and seek. After meeting and talking with the Three Fairies of Light, Cirno appears to have completely forgotten about Daiyousei. She was later seen attacking Cirno in Fairy Wars.
- Her appearance in Fairy Wars' Extra stage with Lily White marks the second ever appearance as a double midboss in the Touhou Project, where as the first time shown as a double midboss was the Two Red Dots, which are two strange creatures.
- Senior: In many fan-fictions, she's described as Cirno's senior (usually; they aren't related by blood). In these fictions she is depicted as timid, shy and very kind, especially to Cirno, although still weaker than Cirno.
- Leader: She's sometimes regarded as the elder or leader of all of the fairies living around the lake.
- Large chest: Many fan works interpret "big fairy" or "greater fairy" as meaning having noticeably larger breasts than other fairies or just having large breasts in general.
- Big vs. Small: Some fanarts like to joke about how the "big fairy" is small and the "little devil" (Koakuma) is big.
- DAi-chan: As an abbreviation of "Daiyousei", the affectionate name for her is Dai-chan (大ちゃん).
- DIE-yousei: When she takes on a darker personality and/or is thought of been unusually strong, she is sometimes called DIE-yousei (DIE妖精). This has been used recently to refer to her when she showed up in Fairy Wars.
|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project. Please keep the character page guidelines in mind when contributing.|