- Welcome to Touhou Wiki!
- Account registration is currently disabled.
- Please visit our IRC channel and query an administrator to create a new account. Sorry for the inconvenience.
GIL (short from Gilgamesh) was one of the first Touhou players to gain massive respect for his achievements.
He became known after winning the Lunatic section of LunaBlade's PCB Score Trials in 2004, outperforming ASAPIN and HS参謀 by a large margin with a score of 2,548,706,100. It stayed the highest known record for over a year, but was eventually beaten by ASAPIN with a score of 2,569,613,890.
Despite such achievement, GIL hasn't been concentrating on scoring; instead, his focus is to come up with various gameplay challenges or handicaps, and excel at them.
GIL's fame is apparent, as he is the basis for the character GIL-kun in the practice shmup Moedan, who offers helpful advice for many stages. He appears in the form of Ikaruga, apparently.
One of GIL's most famous feats in this area is the run on PCB's Phantasm stage that clears it without ever moving vertically. He doesn't only complete the stage with spare lives and bombs, but also allows Yukari's Spell Card 140 to purposefully run out of time, demonstrating that he can dodge the hardest barrage in the game while moving in a single dimension and without bombing or getting hit. When GIL or his creations are discussed among the Western Touhou audience, this run is cited most often.
It should also be noted that sometimes, GIL exaggerates the handicap (for instance, by using the fastest available character in a no-focus run), but otherwise tries to use the most optimal characters to succeed in each particular goal. That being said, some of these goals would likely not even be possible to achieve with any other character.
List of challenges attempted so far
- All-spellcard run on Lunatic, 25 of 26 cards captured (235,835,340 points, Marisa-A) — link.
- No-miss high score attempt at Extra stage (446,334,500 points, Marisa-B) — link.
- No-horizontal run on Easy (266,427,500 points, Reimu-A) — link.
- No-vertical Phantasm Clear (376,160,340 points, Sakuya-B) — link.
TODO: populate this section further.