Account registration is currently disabled. Please visit our IRC channel and query an administrator to create a new account. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Lily White depicted in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense.
More Character Titles
|Abilities||Sensing the arrival of spring|
|Occupation||Herald of spring|
|Location||Wherever spring is starting to arrive, unknown|
|Show Official Game appearances|
|Show Print Work appearances|
Lily White (リリーホワイト Rirī Howaito) is a fairy that heralds the coming of spring. She first appeared as the 4th stage midboss of Perfect Cherry Blossom, then as a special generic enermy in Phantasmagoria of Flower View and a common midboss in Fairy Wars, each time announcing spring has arrived.
In Perfect Cherry Blossom, Phantasmagoria of Flower View and Fairy Wars, Lily has green eyes, long blond hair and a pair of white feathered wings. In most stages, her hat and dress are white, with a red wave pattern outlining the edges.
A full portrait of Lily can be seen in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense. There, it's shown that she wears a caplet.
In the stage of Eiki Shiki, Yamaxanadu of Phantasmagoria of Flower View, her hat and dress are black, with a red wave pattern outlining the edges. The wave pattern is yellow in Fairy Wars.
- Perfect Cherry Blossom
- Phantasmagoria of Flower View
During Phantasmagoria of Flower View Lily reappears many times to announce spring. It seems her idea of announcing spring is via a dense cloud of danmaku thrown at the player at exactly the worst moment, but at least she's trying to do her job the best she can think of.
- Strange and Bright Nature Deity
In Strange and Bright Nature Deity, she's credited with the power to bring spring to an area the instant she passes by.
- Fairy Wars
Other than announcing spring, Lily White doesn't have much to tell or do.
At Phantasmagoria of Flower View there was a fairy just like Lily White in the stage of Eiki Shiki, Yamaxanadu. Fandom first thought of a second character and named her "Lily Black". Though, later on ZUN has stated in a Livestream that the fairies and Lily White in Eiki's stage in Phantasmagoria of Flower View are all simply cosplaying as the judge, and specifically states that there was never an individual "Lily Black" to start with.[ ]
This Lily Black later appeared again in both Fairy Wars and Chapter 9 of Silent Sinner in Blue, where the latter again raised questions, as both Lily White and Lily Black appeared in the same image. It's possible that either Aki★Eda didn't know that those two were meant to be the same characters, ZUN didn't notice that particular scene or ZUN let it pass because it was too late to make changes.
- In some circles, the version of Lily found in Eiki's stage is referred to as "Lily Black", and is pictured as more serious and somewhat impish compared to the cheerful Lily White.
- Lily is often seen with hairballs, a common enemy on her stage, as pets or subordinates in various doujin works.
- Because of her non-aimed bullets in Phantasmagoria of Flower View, fans tend to find this annoying (like ZUN stated in her profile) and have often called her "Constant Annoyance".
- The phrase "spring is here!" (春ですよー haru desu yo--) is a common quote by Lily in fanworks.
- When she takes on a darker personality and/or is thought of been unusually strong, she's sometimes associated with the phrase "haru DEATH yo--" (春DEATHよー). This has been used recently to refer to her when she showed up in Fairy Wars.
- In many NSFW content as well as some simple dirty jokes related to Lily White, people sometimes refer to how "prostitution" (売春) in Japanese literally means to "sell spring". In fact, "to sell spring" (春を売る) means to become a prostitute.
|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project.|