Account registration is currently disabled. Please visit our IRC channel and query an administrator to create a new account. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Neo-traditionalism of Japan
|Izanagi Object ~ Neo-traditionalism of Japan.|
Album by Team Shanghai Alice
2012-08-11 (Comiket 82)
Izanagi Object ~ Neo-traditionalism of Japan. (伊弉諾物質 ～ Neo-traditionalism of Japan. Izanagi Busshitsu ~ Neo-traditionalism of Japan.) is a music album by Team Shanghai Alice released on 2012-08-11 (Comiket 82). It is the seventh volume of "ZUN's Music Collection". The CD contains five original compositions by ZUN, as well as five rearranged tracks from earlier games.
- 01. 緑のサナトリウム (04:28)
- Green Sanatorium
- 02. 牛に引かれて善光寺参り (04:18)
- Led On by a Cow to Visit Zenkou Temple
- 03. ハートフェルトファンシー (05:01)
- Heartfelt Fancy
- original title: ハートフェルトファンシー
- source: 東方地霊殿 ～ Subterranean Animism
- 04. 六十年目の東方裁判 ～ Fate of Sixty Years (05:30)
- Eastern Judgement in the Sixtieth Year ~ Fate of Sixty Years
- original title: 六十年目の東方裁判 ～ Fate of Sixty Years
- source: 東方花映塚 ～ Phantasmagoria of Flower View
- 05. アガルタの風 (04:29)
- Wind of Agartha
- 06. イザナギオブジェクト (05:16)
- Izanagi Object
- 07. 妖怪裏参道 (04:27)
- Youkai Back Shrine Road
- original title: 妖怪裏参道
- source: 東方神霊廟 ～ Ten Desires
- 08. アンノウンX ～ Unfound Adventure (05:18)
- Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure
- original title: アンノウンＸ ～ Unfound Adventure
- source: 東方非想天則 ～ 超弩級ギニョルの謎を追え
- 09. 日本中の不思議を集めて (03:53)
- Gathering the Mysterious from All Around Japan
- 10. 素敵な墓場で暮しましょ (03:34)
- Let's Live in a Lovely Cemetery
- original title: 素敵な墓場で暮しましょ
- source: 東方神霊廟 ～ Ten Desires
- The jacket features a peach, a bamboo shoot, and a grape situated around Maribel and Renko. These three objects are what Izanagi threw at Izanami's demons while fleeing from them in the Yomi-no-kuni (黄泉の国) (the Land of the Dead).
- Izanagi (伊弉諾/伊邪那岐) is a major male god who appears in Japanese myths. He and his spouse Izanami are said to have bore most of the islands of Japan and many gods. He also begot Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susanoo, the three royal gods who take the most important role in Japanese mythology. Some opinion suggests that the "izana" in the name refers to the word "izanau", meaning "to invite", which ties into the name of track 2.
- The title of this song is taken from a Japanese proverb, which has a similar meaning as the English saying "goslings lead the geese to water". It implies the idea of something fortunate happening to a person due to an unexpected event/coincidence. The origin of the proverb comes from an unfaithful and greedy old lady who lived near the Zenkou temple. Her neighbor's cow took her cloth, and when she chased it, the cow eventually led her to the temple. Once she was there, she became a worshiper and later entered priesthood. Zenkou Temple itself is in the Nagano prefecture. See here for details. (Japanese)
- Agartha is the name of a mythical city that is located in the center of the earth in certain hollow earth beliefs. It is often suggested to be inhabited by demons, making it possibly related to Former Hell.