This is a timeline of what happens when during the Story Mode of the game since the game itself does not summarize it.
This timeline, adapted from thwiki here, was a collaborative effort by thwiki members deducted by depictions of how things went in the game and is probably how the official storyline goes, although it cannot be guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
- Light orange - The character's story mode battles. It is presumed that the character "wins" this battle. (Reimu also has an additional set of 3 battles from the demo version story mode.)
- Grey - The character is the opponent in another character's story mode.
- Red - The character's ending in her story mode.
- Light blue - The character makes an appearance during another character's story mode ending or is involved in an event.
- Arrows - The character's story mode continues through that time period
- Yuyuko's scenario is before Suika's because the clouds were "starting to form" in Yuyuko's and "concentration three times normal" in Suika's.
- Except for Stages 3 and 4, all of Aya's scenarios should happen on different days since she starts with "Today we're going to..."
- Reimu's movements on the day of the earthquake are as follows:
- Shrine gets destroyed → Alice visits → Goes to see if Marisa is okay → Gets abducted to SDM on the way back → Patchouli's ending (Sakuya been told to warn Reimu) → Youmu visits → Alice and Sakuya's endings (advise Reimu to go to Heaven) → Reimu's scenario starts
- Suika is in the background of Alice's ending art, where she is shown rebuilding the shrine though she should only be doing that after the shrine's second destruction. Since the text of Alice's ending doesn't mention Suika, her being there in the art should just be a mistake.