- Welcome to Touhou Wiki!
- Account registration is currently disabled.
- Please visit our IRC channel and query an administrator to create a new account. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Title screen of Touhou Danmakufu
Customizable Engine Vertical Danmaku Shooting Game
Single Script Mode, Plural Script Mode, Stage Script Mode
Direct3D, DirectX 8.1, Except the video cards which max texture size is only 256x256 (e.g. Voodoo)
Touhou Danmakufu (東方弾幕風, lit. "Eastern-style Curtain Fire") barrage is a relatively easy-to-use STG maker program which leans toward making Touhou Project-style games with C-like programming language.
There are currently two versions of the engine. Danmakufu 0.12m was the first engine to allow fans to create their own Touhou-style games. However, development has currently ceased with the release of the new engine. Danmakufu ph3 is the new and advanced engine, which, though similar to Danmakufu 0.12m, is not compatible with the old engine. However, Danmakufu ph3 is much more flexible than Danmakufu 0.12m.
How to get
Go to the Touhou Danmakufu ph3 site, and download the latest version (should be the first option in the left hand column).
Versions of ph3 before ph3 [.1 pre2] must be run in Japanese locale, but versions after it can be run without Japanese Locale. You can either set your whole computer to Japanese locale, or get applocale.
"東方弾幕風ヘルプ" is the manual for the engine. The links with "DL用アーカイブ" are the downloadable archives.
Note that Danmakufu ph3 is is continuously being updated by the author, so make sure to keep an eye on the releases on the official site or the English Wiki.
Go to the Touhou Danmakufu Official Site, and download "東方弾幕風 v0.12m".
Like the newer engine, this game must be run in Japanese locale.
Note that most of these resources are for Danmakufu 0.12m. More resources can be found on the Danmakufu Wiki.
Notable Script Sets
- 東方時封城 ～ the Alternative Age
- 東方夢終劇 ～ Concealed the Conclusion
- Phantasm Romance-幻想浪漫紀行-
- 幻想浪漫紀行 ―Phantasmagoria Trues―
- Magical Singular Day -東方絲幻域-
- 東方邪星章 ～ The Last Comer
- 東方魔晶精~Fairies of Sorcery~
- 東方導命樹 ～ Mystical Power Plant
- 東方桃源宮 ～ Riverbed Soul Saver
- 東方白塵記 ～ White Names Spoiled Past
- 新約・東方幻想殺 ～ Re.Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker
Note that most of these resources are for Danmakufu 0.12m. More resources can be found on the English Wiki.
Located on the Touhou Wiki:
- Nuclear Cheese's Drawing Tutorial (0.12m)
- Nuclear Cheese's Effect Object Tutorial (0.12m)
- Official Tutorial (0.12m)
Located on the Danmakufu Wiki:
- Danmakufu Basics Tutorial by Blargel (0.12m)
- Miransu's EV USER Guide (ph3)
- Sparen's 0.12m to ph3 Transition Guide (ph3)
- Sparen's Basic ph3 Item Tutorial (ph3)
- と～ほ～ＧＣ (Touhou Danmakufu: Developer's Site)
- Touhou Danmakufu Wiki (Japanese)
- Old Danmakufu Wiki (Japanese, read-only)
- Danmakufu Wiki (English)