A hacker of questionable skill. I've worked on translation patches for several fangames, including:
- Marisa and Alice
- Touhou Pocket Wars (first only)
- Labyrinth of Touhou
- Magus in Mystic Geometries
- Touhou Fugyouseki
- The partial patches for Touhou Unreal Mahjong.
I have extraction scripts for several other games. I might be willing to look at other fangames, but don't expect too much out of me.
Games that I've looked at that should be ready for translation.
Anything using DXLib (commonly includes .dxa archive files) is doable. It's a fairly popular framework, so this should include a lot of things I've never actually looked at. And, of course, KiriKiri is simple and popular for VNs.
- Touhou Rhythm Carnival! Kurenai: DXLib. Trivial.
- 東方神医伝 / god doctor story: Cracked. Everything is an image, for better or worse.
- 真・東方無双: No archives. Partially translated, and there's barely any text in the first place, but needs some hacking to make it accept spaces.
- Touhou Sky Arena: Cracked, but haven't updated anything for the newest patches/expansion. Needs an image editor that can handle .dds files.
- Sanae Challenge: All strings are in the exe. No archives.
- Sanae Challenge! FUSION: DXlib archive. Strings in the exe.
- Rumian Land: DXLib.
- Gensokyo Tower Defense: Archives cracked. Strings in the executable, have been dumped.
- Fortune Star Panic: Cracked. Just has a handful of images.
- さくやさんクライシス ~ The Perfect Elegant Skill - DXLib.
- NITORI BOX - Cracked.
- SuwaPyon - Cracked. Only a handful of images. Tool might work on other games by the circle, but I've never tried.
- 恋々幻想郷 (that hanafuda game from BOXELL) - Cracked.
- メイドさんクライシス - The Elegant Region Power - - DXLib.
- Maid Made Maze / めいどめいどめいず - Cracked. Only a handful of images in the archive, which I believe to be the entirety of text.
- Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - Translation in progress.
If anyone is actually interested in translating any of these, it'd probably be best to make a thread on shrinemaiden/pooshlmer.
Games that I've looked at but haven't been able to make ready for translation. Roughly sorted by how unable I am to continue with it.
- 東方SRPG乱愚風 - Everything is in DLL files, which I don't really know how to deal with. They're embedded as resources.
- Everything by Tokushu Soukou Tai / 特殊装甲隊: Archives are not encrypted but remain incomprehensible to me.
- Touhou Rekkaden: Partially translated on wiki. No archives. Can't get half-width text to display.
- Marisa's Key: Executable is packed, can't touch it.
- Moedan: Archives are largely cracked, but they're really weird so I'm not 100% sure I can rebuild them. And they compiled LUA files.
- Satori Komeiji's Mental Education - Archives use some form of RSA. Cracking that is well beyond me.
With a little help
I expect these to be relatively easy to solve, but I can't do it on my own.
- Touhou Unreal Mahjong - Archives are encrypted with blowfish. Exe is packed. I have no idea how to crack it, but if I had the key I could do it easily.
- 夢幻偽郷 ～ First Disaster - Archives cracked, story translated by Catharsis and reinserted without issue, but the files containing the items etc are incomprehensible. Strings are easy to find, but I can't figure out how to change their length.
- Labyrinth of Touhou: Missing images have been readded, missing translations should all be fixed, but I can't fix the PLUS-DISK recruitable boss (Yuuka, Okuu, Shiki) missing sounds. I need an assembly expert for that.