Difference between revisions of "Impossible Spell Card"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
The game was announced on April 12th, 2014, near the end of the internet broadcast "Chotto Summit ~ The Drinking Party of Indie Game Developers". <ref>http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv174951611</ref>
The game was announced on April 12th, 2014, near the end of the internet broadcast "Chotto Summit ~ The Drinking Party of Indie Game Developers".<ref>http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv174951611</ref>
Revision as of 18:01, 11 May 2014
Impossible Spell Card
Full: May 11, 2014 (Reitaisai 11)
Single-player puzzle Danmaku shooting Game
Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card (弾幕アマノジャク ～ Impossible Spell Card) is a danmaku game and the 14.3rd official installment of the Touhou Project, featuring Seija Kijin as the protagonist. The game was released at Reitaisai 11. As the title implies, it is a spinoff game consisting mostly of (near-)impossible-to-beat spell cards.
This is the first official Touhou Project work that does not bear Touhou (東方) in its title.
The player controls Seija Kijin, who's using a total of nine different "cheat" items to survive and clear the spell cards. Two items can be selected before the spell card, and has a maximum amount of uses during the card.
The items are:
- Bloodthirsty Yin-Yang Orb (血に餓えた陰陽玉), allowing her to teleport,
- Tengu's Toy Camera (天狗のトイカメラ), allowing her to clear bullets using photographs,
- Gap Folding Umbrella (隙間の折りたたみ傘), allowing her to teleport to the other side of the screen (vertical and horizontal),
- A Miracle Mallet Replica (打ち出の小槌（レプリカ）), allowing her to swipe the space in front of her, dealing damage to the boss if she is close enough,
- a Substitute Jizo (身代わり地蔵), allowing her to survive one hit,
- a Cursed Decoy Doll (呪いのデコイ人形), allowing her to lead aimed bullets away,
- a Four-Foot Magic Bomb (四尺マジックボム), allowing her to clear bullets,
- a Ghastly Send-Off Lantern (亡霊の送り提灯), allowing her to become invincible for a short period of time,
- and a Nimble Fabric (ひらり布), allowing her to become invincible for the duration of button press, during which she can't move.
Each item also has a separate, passive effect when equipped as a sub-item.
Name and Concept
The Japanese part of the title refers to the playable character of the game, Seija Kijin.
The game was announced on April 12th, 2014, near the end of the internet broadcast "Chotto Summit ~ The Drinking Party of Indie Game Developers". The full game was later released at Reitaisai 11 on May 11, 2014.