Talk:Highly Responsive to Prayers
Throwing and sliding
"Reimu can throw spell cards(?) as well, but they're used to ward off enemy bullets and reposition the ball, not to attack." - Is this referring to the X animation? I think that's waving her prayer stick.
"Reimu's sliding tackle (while running, press 'Z' and the arrow key of opposite direction) is really a double-edged sword." - In my version of the game (1.10), the command for this seems to be just pressing X while running... Also, I haven't found its other edge.
Should pictures from the endings be put up somewhere for someone to translate? The other game sections don't have their pictures of their endings posted so I'm not sure if it's okay.
- ZUN has stated he does not want ending text or pictures posted on the internet. -7HS
- Ok, thanks. -Svinto
Makai and Jigoku
This seems as good a place as any for my possibly unanswerable and partially related questions. Are the routes in this game actually called makai (demon world) and jigoku (hell)? I'm seeing 魔界 (makai?) in the manual several times but when I'm actually playing the game it gives the options of "heaven" or "hell". When I choose hell I went to the route with Mima, so the "heaven" option must have been makai? Since Sariel, the only "angel" character in any touhou game, is the boss of the supposed makai route it would make sense if it was called a heaven route. Also, is this "makai" the same as the one from Mystic Square? From what I've read the whole concept of "makai" isn't necessarily that of a unique single location whose proper name is Makai, so could there be more than one makai in gensokyo?
- Are you playing the English translated version? To my recollection I've always had the options Jigoku and Makai (in Japanese.) -7HS
- It actually is the translated one. Also I looked again at the character titles, and since Sariel's title is Angel of Death and there's an innocent devil leading up to her, I guess it wouldn't be so fitting for it to be heaven. Still, I'd think if Reimu went and trashed Makai in TH01 and if it was the same Makai as in TH05 that when Shinki saw Reimu she would have said something about it. That's partly why I'm wondering if there's more than one Makai.
I just came to say this exact same thing, and now I'm shocked that people just let it alone. In case you haven't noticed, the English version isn't exactly a first class translation (no translated endings). The original version calls Makai "Heaven." In English.
It seems most (but not all) TH01 bosses are in the same boat- no apparent profile to speak of (translated or not) and stuck in the untranslated category on their character pages. Does any official profile exist for them, or should they not be in that category?
As far as I'm aware, no profiles exist whatsoever. Battousai9439 05:29, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
touhou rei'iden's title
I've noticed that the "The" in the subtitle seems to have been removed on Akyu.5 material entirely. should we do anything in particular about that?
Game naming change
I'm not very certain about the new scheme of using the Japanese romaji Reiiden over the English subtitle Highly Responsive to Prayers on game titles – out of curiosity, why the change? ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 02:58, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
Remove the 'The'
I'd like to propose that the article should be moved back to just "Highly Responsive to Prayers". The guidelines states that "the" is not to be used in the naming of an article regardless of anything; I presume it's for convenience sake. ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 19:25, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
- I completely agree with you. I mean, this is the only article that uses the "The" in the naming, among a lot of other ones that don't use it, and it's kinda useless to have it in an Article Name. I even think this wasn't an "official/legal" edit since it was done by an user (I don't remember his/her name) that started to change everything to what he/she thinked suited better for him/her in terms of "order(?)" I don't know, I really didn't understand any of the reasons he presented to change all of those things.
- And by the way, even if "The" is not used in the naming of an articles just because it's for convenience, there's a lot of reasons/evidence that demonstrates the "The" of HRtP is not used by ZUN anymore:
- Akyu's Untouched Score vol.5 labelled it as Highly Responsive to Prayers, without the "The".
- Again, an image of ZUN indicating the Generation Split shows the name Highly Responsive to Prayers without the "The", so it's safe to assume he doesn't considers it anymore...
- It is for convenience's sake, and I'll revert it now. ― Darkslime 15:17, 3 June 2014 (UTC)
Disambiguation (possibly unnecessary, dunno)
"Highly Responsive to Prayers" can refer to either the game itself or the in game music track, I think a short disambiguation at the top of the page saying '"Highly Responsive to Prayers" may also refer to blank' would be good. Ycdtosa (talk) 13:51, 27 July 2016 (UTC)