By the way, it says that Momizi is the only sprite-only character to have an official name and profile, but you seem to be neglecting a certain harbinger of spring.
Why is the index name "Momizi", not "Momiji"?
We will write Japanese words in the Hepburn style, which is better used in this place. In this style, we should write as "Momiji". Why is the index of this page "Momizi"? I think we should correct spelling in this article and the category page.
- ZUN spelled it "Momizi" in MoF. But if we prefer in-game romanizations, I don't know why we're using Fujiwara no Mokou (instead of Huziwara). You're right, we ought to be consistent with which spelling we prefer for page titles.
- This goes for your other name concerns, as well. -7HS 18:18, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
- Hmmmm, I see. Thank you very much for your quick precise advice, 7HS.
- Personally I dislike a text where there is the mixture of Hepburn romanization style and Cabinet-order romanization style. But I want to respect the original spelling...
- For almost all the people familiar to Japanese language, normally it's not valuable how they write their everyday-life's words in latin alphabet. So when they need to romanize them, those who know the difference between the 2 romanization style can romanize them easily only in one style, and those who don't know it can't romanize them easily or don't mind writing in the mixture of the 2 romanization style. Perhaps ZUN is the latter. I'm frustrating! --Masuo64 19:05, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
- Considering rationally, it's not the exact interpretation. But rather many fans accept it because accepting it expands our dreams joyfully. (Or not accepting allows Momiji to have relation only to Aya...) --Masuo64 09:22, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- One artist makes a vid of it. Quite funny~ -220.127.116.11 05:36, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
Wolf or Crow?
Can all tengu turn into birds? I just saw Momizi turn into a crow and fly away after the battle in Stage 4 of MoF. Doesn't being wolf tengu mean she must be turning into a wolf? Renivall Jeagerjacques 17:20, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- But, of course, there's no official setting that all the tengu are crows. Momiji's metamorphose means all hakurou tengu (白狼天狗) of Touhou are crows. In the first place, tengu is generally a kind of youkai derived from monks of Shugendou, which was a mixture of the ancient native moutain worship and other relligions. Monks was feared because they were strange from the view of normal people (buddhist or shintouist) & because they were rarely seen to be stuck in the mountain for the ascetic trainings. So, tengu is related with mountain itself & creatures on mountain. This is the evidence that some temples say hakurou tengu is crow, and others say that is wolf. ZUN picked up some facts for his preference, I guess. --Masuo64 14:44, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
I see, thanks. I'll remember that. Renivall Jeagerjacques 17:32, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Doesn`t she appear in Oriental Sacred Place 1?
- Sorry buddy. One doesn't cut it. If more come up...maybe like a hundred then maybe so I would add it. :( MaronaPossessed 22:30, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
I'm looking at the statement of range of that and I'm not sure if we should have the trivia on the range of the ability being that way as I'm looking at the SoPM interview and noticing that the 1000 li/ri statement comes there and is only in parenthesis with the statement of 'As for Momiji... she has a lot of White Wolf Tengu comrades, and has telegnosis (1000 li vision).[SIC]' in the translated side, which corresponds to 椛は……白狐天狗は仲間が多いんですが、千里眼を持っているのですごく便利なキャラですね。
So I'm not sure if that's a literal components of the word for Clairvoyance/Telegnosis being listed or its an actual statement that her vision is that much. Maybe this should be on the SoPM page but I'm thinking this might be in need of a clarification. Also with that being '1000 li' well it turns out there is a traditional Chinese measurement of length with that name which is .5 Meters, this confusion effects the range by a rather large amount as 1000 li is 500km vs 3927km of 1000 ri
- In normal usage, senrigan is used as a sort of metaphor, e.g. he has senrigan--implying that he is able to know the future as if he were seeing it through his own eyes. However, for Momiji it looks like she can see through it literally, judging by her profile in MoF "能力：千里先まで見通す程度の能力 (Ability: Seeing a thousand ri ahead)". So the latter is (likely) the answer for
- that's a literal components of the word for Clairvoyance/Telegnosis being listed or its an actual statement that her vision is that much.
- this.--Doncot (talk) 08:07, 19 December 2012 (EST)
spell card portrait
maybe you should mention that momiji is the only spell card capable character not to have a portrait or drawing
With the release of "Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia", there is 3 pages of "Tengu """seductive pictures""" " (but they are not really, since this is an all audience book). See the picture here: http://safebooru.donmai.us/posts/2676215 I think it's a very safe pic to put as a portrait. I wouldn't suggest doing this for other characters because they all had game portraits and Momiji seem to be the only major spell-card using youkai to not have a portrait. So, an official art from an official ZUN magazine could be a good idea for her portrait.