|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project. Please keep the character page guidelines in mind when contributing.|
there is a colored version of her here -> http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/334888/ im not good at wiki editing so someone else will need to edit this page
- that's fan-coloured and hence not official _dk 08:46, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Confirmation of Her Playable Character Status
ZUN stated at the latest AWA that she was indeed intended to be a third playable character in EoSD.
- There was some talk of some sort of reference standardization. Not sure what came out of that though.
- For everything else, there's Touhou_Wiki:Guidelines. The article on Youkai Mountain can be used as an example.
- There's nothing wrong with blog sites if that's what we have to work with. I see there's two, and either would work. - Kiefmaster99 (talk) 15:07, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
- Why not use the panel intself as a source. this could work with it, I guess? ☢ Quwanti 16:59, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
- Kind of a hypothetical, but Cite Interview would only really work if one of our editors heard the response and decided to publish it on a Talk Page or similar. We can't directly cite the interview unless there's an audio recording, but a transcription works just as well. If the claim's extraordinary, we could even cite both. - Kiefmaster99 (talk) 06:35, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
- Alternatively, we could just archive the whole transcription on the wiki itself like we do with some of his other interviews and cite the source. - Kiefmaster99 (talk) 06:37, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
I don't see how she could be human. It's like saying Hong Meiling is human when she is clearly a Youkai. The evidence of Rin being Kirin however is because of the Kanji symbol and Marisa mentioning a nurse.MaronaPossessed 16:16, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
Boss sprites found
It seems that someone has found what appears to be sprites that look very close to Rin Satsuki in the game code.
I'm not sure how the article should be edited to have these, so I'm just posting them here. Edit: Added them anyway. Mugendai 13:31, 4 December 2010 (PST)
- Look more of a draft of Rumia than Rin...especially with those arms. MaronaPossessed 04:14, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
I second this, looks like Rumia.
Found some translations for her name.. apparently Rin = Cold and Satsuki = May. --KiKi-KaiKai 19:03, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
Please read the article, the translation is already there.
Extra (??) in strings?
The strings in the hex dump screenshot aren't just the character names, they are:
冴月 麟 (風) 冴月 麟 (花) 霧雨 魔理沙 (恋) 霧雨 魔理沙 (魔) 博麗 霊夢 (夢) 博麗 霊夢 (霊)
- It belongs to their shot type, ReimuA or ReimuB. ☢ Quwanti 10:24, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
- Expanding on that, here's what they mean:
- 冴月 麟 (風): Satsuki Rin (Wind, Type B)
- 冴月 麟 (花): Satsuki Run (Flower, Type A)
- 霧雨 魔理沙 (恋): Kirisame Marisa (Love, Type B)
- 霧雨 魔理沙 (魔): Kirisame Marisa (Magic, Type A)
- 博麗 霊夢 (夢): Hakurei Reimu (Dream, Type B)
- 博麗 霊夢 (霊): Hakurei Reimu (Spirit, Type A)
- HTH Mamizou (talk) 19:20, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
About recent edits (Mugendai).
No offense, but everything you've added in the page sounds nonsensical. You're trying too hard to find connections where there aren't any.
Besides, do you have any proof or anything about what you've put there? Like...
- Proof that the circle cut girl IS Rin Satsuki (you said you have enough evidence, so show them)?
- That the number 3 actually means anything, and specifically those three thing you mentioned (there are numbers in most circle cut portraits, plus the "unused midboss sprite" can't be Rin's if she was gonna be playable)? And that ant, fang, and pbg, also have any relation to it?
- That "pbg" means princess bubblegum?
- That "Embodiment of Scarlet Devil" (which simply indicates Remilia) even remotely refers to the circle cut portrait?
- That Rin has anything to do with the Devil (again, it's Remilia) only because the erhu has python skin?
- etc, etc...
And the Clownpiece and Stage 1 theme things...seriously? I think that's really stretching it a lot, and just to find a tiny bit of relation between completely unrelated things. You even conveniently removed sourced claims about the poster girl not being Rin Satsuki, not cool dude. PK (talk) 23:39, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
- It's not my fault that you can't read. You're making ZUN lose face.
- Rin Satsuki is an incredibly indecent character.
- As long as the Touhou Wiki continues to be representative of the English-speaking Touhou fandom, I will intensely hate it. It comes off as pretentious when in fact that's not true. Sorry -- that's just the way people see characters. Mugendai (talk) 08:16, 1 April 2018 (UTC)
A Twitter post revealed the girl in the picture wasn't Rin Satsuki
The article cites three tweets from an artist named 桜木李杏. It seems like the tweets are responding to questions about something they asked Zun about, but it's like we're jumping into the middle of a conversation. I've done basic translations of the tweets below:
To get straight to the point, he told me "The character appearing in the Comiket 62 circle cut is not a character who was planned to appear in EoSD (it seems)" I didn't ask "Is it Satsuki Rin?" in any way. After all I only asked "Did you intend to have her appear in EoSD?" and "Is she the (circle's) poster girl?"
It's all the same in the end, but I only asked "Was she planned to appear in EoSD?"
From start to finish I never once brought up the topic of "Satsuki Rin".
The first citation supports the idea that the character in the circle cut isn't Rin, but it doesn't state it with confidence. The next two citations are redundant, and don't support the point the article is trying to make anyways.
I'm going to go ahead and remove the last two citations. I think the section could be improved with a citation of a tweet from earlier in the conversation to add some much needed context. Flan27 (talk) 05:59, 18 September 2022 (UTC)