Title screen of Touhou Danmakufu
2015 (ph3 .1pre6a)
Customizable Engine Vertical Danmaku Shooting Game
Single Script Mode, Plural Script Mode, Stage Script Mode
Direct3D, DirectX 8.1, Except the video cards which max texture size is only 256x256 (e.g. Voodoo)
Touhou Danmakufu (東方弾幕風, lit. "Eastern-style Curtain Fire") barrage is a relatively easy-to-use STG maker program which leans toward making Touhou Project-style games with C-like programming language.
There are currently two versions of the engine. Danmakufu 0.12m was the first engine to allow fans to create their own Touhou-style games. However, development has currently ceased with the release of the new engine. Danmakufu ph3 is the new and advanced engine, which, though similar to Danmakufu 0.12m, is not compatible with the old engine. However, Danmakufu ph3 is much more flexible than Danmakufu 0.12m.
How to get
|Danmakufu ph3 is the new and advanced engine from mkm. It is similar to 0.12m, yet grants much more flexibility. In this engine, you can create things that are somewhat impossible to achieve in the old engine. Ph3 is continuously being updated by the author, so make sure you keep an eye on the releases on the official site or here on the wiki.||Danmakufu 0.12m was the first engine from mkm to allow fans to create their own touhou games. Development has been discontinued with the release of the new engine. However, this wiki still provides plenty of support. If you're new to Danmakufu, it is highly recommended that you start with the new engine.|
Applocale for Japanese scripts made in 0.12m
Note that most of these resources are for Danmakufu 0.12m. More resources can be found on the Danmakufu Wiki.
Notable Script Sets
- 東方時封城 ～ the Alternative Age
- 東方夢終劇 ～ Concealed the Conclusion
- Phantasm Romance-幻想浪漫紀行-
- 幻想浪漫紀行 ―Phantasmagoria Trues―
- Magical Singular Day -東方絲幻域-
- 東方邪星章 ～ The Last Comer
- 東方魔晶精~Fairies of Sorcery~
- 東方導命樹 ～ Mystical Power Plant
- 東方桃源宮 ～ Riverbed Soul Saver
- 東方白塵記 ～ White Names Spoiled Past
- 新約・東方幻想殺 ～ Re.Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker
- 東方天華楼 ～ Frantically Forbidden Fruit.
Note that most of these resources are for Danmakufu 0.12m. More resources can be found on the English Wiki.
Located on the Touhou Wiki:
- Nuclear Cheese's Drawing Tutorial (0.12m)
- Nuclear Cheese's Effect Object Tutorial (0.12m)
- Official Tutorial (0.12m)
Located on the Danmakufu Wiki:
- Danmakufu Basics Tutorial by Blargel (0.12m)
- Miransu's EV USER Guide (ph3)
- Sparen's 0.12m to ph3 Transition Guide (ph3)
- Sparen's Basic ph3 Item Tutorial (ph3)
- と～ほ～ＧＣ (Touhou Danmakufu: Developer's Site)
- Touhou Danmakufu Wiki v3 (Japanese)
- Danmakufu Wiki (English)