Watatsuki no Yorihime
Watatsuki no Yorihime
watat͡sɯ̥kʲi no joɽʲiçʲime (♫)
More Character Titles
Easily absorbs knowledge, superb swordsmanship skills, can summon the power of the gods.
at least 1500
Leader of the Lunar Defense Corps
Yorihime is the more serious younger sister of Toyohime, and is one of Eirin Yagokoro's self-proclaimed 'successors'. She seems to be a little bit tsundere, since in Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth, she says she went to Eientei just to make sure Toyohime actually returned, though she really just followed her there because she didn't want to be left alone.
- Can summon the power of the gods
Like Reimu Hakurei, Yorihime is able to channel the power of the gods to do her bidding. However, her abilities in this area far outclass those of Reimu, who, at the time of Silent Sinner in Blue, was only just learning how to do it. They also don't originate in Shinto, as the Lunarians do not follow the Earth's gods - instead, she uses the powers of Lord Enma.
Yorihime owns a sword and is extremely skilled at using it.
The chosen names for the Watatsuki Sisters make a direct reference to the family history of the Dragon God, who can be referred to alternatively as Ryujin or ‘Watatsumi’. Individually, the sisters may refer to the Dragon God’s daughters, Toyotama-hime and her younger sister Tamayori-hime. Considering the events that were revealed in Chapter 3 of Cage in Lunatic Runagate, it can be rumored that many of the legends about the Dragon Palace in fact took place on the Moon. Whether or not the locations are one and the same is unknown.
Light blue hair tied into a ponytail with a yellow ribbon; brown eyes. Wears a dark red dress with a strap on the right over a white short-sleeved blouse, and a loose belt with a gold sword-shaped buckle.
- Silent Sinner in Blue
After being warned by Eirin of the invasion, she intercepts and fights Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, and Remilia after their spaceship crashes on the Moon. She defeats all four of them after only having just learned how the spellcard rules worked, though Reimu gave her a bit of trouble. Afterwards she requests Reimu's help in helping clear her of suspected treason.
- Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth
Watatsuki no Yorihime on the Vol. 2 cover of Silent Sinner in Blue
Watatsuki no Yorihime in Silent Sinner in Blue
Yorihime in Silent Sinner in Blue
Watatsuki no Yorihime in Inaba of the Moon & Inaba of the Earth
Watatsuki no Yorihime on the Chapter 3 cover of Cage in Lunatic Runagate
Yorihime in Symposium of Post-mysticism, with other characters who don't appear in the book.
Her older sister, while somewhat aloof, she and Toyohime appear to hold their relationships in high regard.
Distantly related to Eirin through marriage to their unnamed husbands (one of the Watatsuki sisters was the wife of Eirin's grandnephew, another was married to the son of another grandnephew), Eirin was also their teacher, whom they treat with much respect and admiration, despite Eirin being a fugitive.
She was her former pet
She is now her current pet.
They are the Gatekeepers of the Moon Capital.
- In Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth, Tewi Inaba indirectly knocked out Yorihime using a pitfall, making Tewi the only character to defeat her; although, both Reisens took the credit. Because it wasn't a direct fight but rather by pure chance, Yorihime is still undefeated in a proper match. More importantly, she – along with VIVIT from the Seihou Project – are thought to be the only ever known characters to defeat Reimu Hakurei, who hasn't yet been defeated by the shrine maiden.
- It seems she uses a sword to paralyze enemies during an invocation.
- She and her sister are two of four characters so far known to be/to have been married. The others are Seiga Kaku and Junko.
- Her ability to use a sword in combat is chiefly unknown due to her preference to summon gods, but she has enough skill/strength to block Marisa's Master Spark.
|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project. Please keep the character page guidelines in mind when contributing.|