Tokyo Active NEETs alongside their sister circle Symphony Active NEETs are doujin groups who primarily preform Jazz and Classical style arrangements respectively.
- Tokyo Active NEETs
- 2008 - present
- 東京アクティブNEETs official website
- 東京アクティブNEETs Youtube channel
- 東京アクティブNEETs Twitter
- Instrumental, Jazz
- 紅い流星 (Akai Ryu-sei) — Arrangement, Piano, Producer, Mix (founding-present) (twitter)
- 蒼い刹那 (Aoi Setsuna) — Acoustic & Electric Bass (2010-present) (twitter)
- ショボン (Shobon) — Drums (2010-present) (twitter)
- 山石本薫 (Kaworu Yamaishimoto) — Tenor Saxophone, Flute (2011-present) (twitter)
- ヒロコマン (Hirokoman) — Trumpet (2015-present) (twitter)
- 三代目罪袋 (3rd Generation Sin Sack) — ?
- べちこ (Bechiko)
- 紫曹長 — Guitar (album appearances 2013)
- 水無軽火 — Trumpet (album appearances 2012-2015)
- 宗次郎 — Trombone (album appearances 2012-2013)
- ksk — Illustration & Design (2008-present)
- Former Members
- 2段階右折の人 (2Dankai Usetsu no Hito) — Arrangement, Piano, Synth, Programming (active from founding-2012)
- MAXつかさ (MAX Thukasa) - Trumpet (active from founding-2012)
- どくおり (Dokuori) - Violin (active from founding-2012)
Tokyo Active NEETs are a doujin music circle know for their high energy Touhou jazz arrangements, but in contrast to this they were originally formed around the idea of the Prismriver Sisters preforming a Touhou medley with this video (Requires account) uploaded to Niconico in September of 2008 being their first published work. Founding member 's early works were defined by this Prismriver Sisters style (Piano, Trumpet & Violin along with pronounced bass lines) with several medleys appearing on early album by the circle, it was the release of LEGEND of MARISA オリジナルサウンドトラック in 2011 that would mark a shift away from this arrangement style and towards an RPG soundtrack style which saw and contributing less. Founding member 's early works featured both Jazz and Rock style arrangements often with the support of members of his other group [Mint] of which drummer was a member at the time (and still is), when both arrangers decided to contribute albums to the circle separately began the circle's defining series with the release of 東方爆音ジャズ (Touhou Explosive Jazz). Early releases in the Touhou Exsplosive Jazz series would notably feature contributions from trumpeter , guitarist [TEST] of [Mint] and drums split evenly between both and another drummer 黒侍 who would often preform on the albums in a trio Jazz format along with pianist and bassist . While all founding members of the circle were active up until 2012, the release of BEST OF NEETs would bookend that chapter of the circle with the releases of 東方爆音ジャズ４ acting as a reboot and setting a new trajectory for the group and the releases that would follow.
Video performances of the circle recording in studio are uploaded to the circle's Youtube channel to accompany the release of new albums, bonus DVDs also featuring video performances of the circle are included in limited quantity with early purchases of the circle's albums through Melonbooks.
Vocaloid & Kantai Collection
- ボカロ爆音ジャズ (VocaDB) Released 2012-12-30 (Comiket 83) is an album featuring instrumental arrangements of Vocaloid songs by a number of of different producers.
- ボカロ爆音ジャズ2 (VocaDB) Released 2013-08-12 (Comiket 84) is an album featuring instrumental arrangements of Vocaloid songs by a number of of different producers.
- 艦JAZZ Released 2014-01-19 is an album featuring instrumental arrangements of themes from Kantai Collection.
- 艦JAZZ２ Released 2016-05-08 (Reitaisai 13) is an album featuring instrumental arrangements of themes from Kantai Collection.
Some Tokyo Active NEETs' albums purchased through Melonbooks have been distributed along with bonus "special DVDs" featuring video performances of the circle recording in studio, some of these videos are later uploaded to the circle's Youtube channel while others are not.