- Debut: 1998 (Lotus Land Story)
- Image: stage 3 theme
ZUN tried to make the song sound like it was something he created a long time ago. The title is written "BAD Apple!!" at the beginning of Stage 3 ingame.
- Stage 3 Theme
- From the Music Room
- Comment: "This song feels like my older songs. Well, since it started turning out weird, I did try to make it at least sound like something I might have written long ago ... It's nice to have something this rhythmical(?). And, it's very 3rd-stage-ish(??)..."
Bad Apple!! has become a very popular song in the fanbase, more so than most of its PC-98 counterparts. This is thanks to the Bad Apple!! video by Shadow Art, which would call a second McRoll, attracting thousands of western fans to Touhou. In relation to this, Elly has also quite notably grown in popularity, gaining fans who are technologically incapable of playing the game she's in. There are also those who don't have a clue who Elly is when they see her near the end of the video. Also because of this video, a number of Touhou fans will sometimes get confused whether or not "Bad Apple!!" is Elly's theme due to arrangements associating Elly with it. Many long time Touhou fans find Bad Apple!! a massive sore point and get irritated if somebody thinks the video and Touhou itself is an anime or asks if it is.
- Bad Apple!! feat. nomico by Alstroemeria Records on Lovelight (Track 2)
- Bad Apple!! by Draw the Emotional
- Bad Apple!! feat. Christina Vee by RichaadEB on BULLET HELL (Track 14)
- 傷林果(演奏 ver) by 和妻悉皆屋 on 和楽東方撰 (Track 1)
- しかたないじゃない by Tamaonsen on Innocent Days (Track 1)
- Little devil by Yuuhei Satellite on 手のひらピアニッシモ (Track 7)
- バリィドキャンサー by TAMUSIC on SAQURA (Track 6)
- Bad Apple!! Violin by TAMUSIC
- Wikipedia entry on Bad Apple!!