With most shooting games, there are two goals that people play for. One is to beat the game, and the other is to beat the game with as high a score as possible. The Touhou games are not particularly difficult to clear compared to other games, so scoring becomes the focus of play after a while.
The Touhou series features the ability to save replays, which are a great resource to learn advanced strategy. However, it is also helpful to know why the players do the things they do. These pages will attempt to explain the ideas behind scoring technique, so that you can come up with your own methods, rather than just copying the replays.
If you are unfamiliar with how the game works, you can start with the specific Gameplay articles found in each game.
(By the way, the "not difficult to clear" part does not apply to Lunatic mode, which is beyond the scope of these articles.)
Pages in category "Strategy"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- Bullet Pattern Cheat Defensive Behavior
- Bullet Pattern Cheat Defensive Behavior/Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
- Bullet Pattern Cheat Defensive Behavior/Imperishable Night
- Bullet Pattern Cheat Defensive Behavior/Mountain of Faith
- Bullet Pattern Cheat Defensive Behavior/Perfect Cherry Blossom
- Bullet Pattern Cheat Defensive Behavior/Subterranean Animism
- Bullet Pattern Cheat Defensive Behavior/Ten Desires
- Bullet Pattern Cheat Defensive Behavior/Undefined Fantastic Object
- Double Dealing Character/Gameplay/Strategy/Extra
- Double Dealing Character/Gameplay/Strategy/Stage 1
- Double Dealing Character/Gameplay/Strategy/Stage 2
- Double Dealing Character/Gameplay/Strategy/Stage 3
- Double Dealing Character/Gameplay/Strategy/Stage 4A
- Double Dealing Character/Gameplay/Strategy/Stage 4B
- Double Dealing Character/Gameplay/Strategy/Stage 5
- Double Dealing Character/Gameplay/Strategy/Stage 6