Fandom/Hidden Star in Four Seasons
This sub-article lists unofficial content associated to characters that originally appeared in Hidden Star in Four Seasons.
- As another insect youkai, she is sometimes depicted with Wriggle Nightbug. She is also shown running away from Yamame Kurodani.
- Her name is sometimes (purposely) misspelled due to ZUN's comments on deciding her name.
- She is often depicted as yandere or yangire due to carrying a rather big knife.
- Fans joke that she is an old Sakuya or Yukari with a knife. She also shares with the latter the similarity of having long messy hair in their debut game.
- Due to their similar jobs of protecting shrines, she is sometimes depicted with Kyouko Kasodani, who guards the Myouren Temple. Coincidentally, they are also both green-haired and have tails with animal ears.
- Aunn is often depicted with a verbal tic, saying "ah uun" either in reaction to things or woven into normal dialogue.
Narumi has proven popular with Chinese fans, if not because of the catchphrase "我永远喜欢矢田寺成美" (I'll always love Narumi Yatadera), originating from chat forums and later videos, becoming a copypasta meme.
- People have drawn comparisons to Ran Yakumo due to their similar circumstances as servants controlled by sages with similar abilities. They also have being compared to shrine maidens such as Reimu and Sanae for Satono and Mai respectively as being servants of a goddess, who grants them their abilities, as well as because of the fact they use amulets in battle.
- It is speculated they are based on Life and Bomb items due to their clothing colors of Purple and Green and similar role compared to those items' function even though their abilities are swapped. They even drop these respective items in-game.
- Mai has been compared to Soga no Tojiko due to their similarities involving shooting zig zag patterned bullets and having a green colored appearance and clothing.
- Satono has been compared to Satori Komeiji due to the fact their first names being phonetically similar and the fact they have a pink colored appearance and clothing.
- Due to her appearance, Okina has been compared to both Yukari Yakumo and Junko, with fans joking about her being either of them with different clothes.
- She is also sometimes depicted with the former because of their similar ability of creating portals, and due to both of them being two of the Sages of Gensokyo that created Gensokyo and protect it.
- Due to her spellcards in Extra Stage involving shooting from below, Okina has been compared to Seija Kijin, as well as making jokes about the latter having her backdoor in front of her.
- Okina is sometimes shown with Hata no Kokoro since the Buddhist god she's based on (Matara-jin) is closely related to Hata no Kawakatsu. She's also been shown with Toyosatomimi no Miko due to this fact, for being both based on a male person, for having one spell card background in common in the Extra stage, as well as their debut games having the same spirit sound effect when collecting secondary items and a different version of the stage 4 theme playing during the staff roll in common.