|Attention: This article is a stub and it needs expanding with more information related to the article's topic. If you can add to it in any way, please do so.|
Mystery Gensokyo 3
Mystery Gensokyo 3:
Mystery Gensokyo 3:
Single-player story mode
CPU: Pentium 4 or better (mobile CPUs unsupported); RAM: 1.0GB or more; VGA: 64MB or more VRAM; HDD: 2.0GB or more; Other: DirectX9.0c, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
Mystery Gensokyo 3 (不思議の幻想郷３ Fushigi no Gensokyo 3) is a roguelike fangame created by AQUA STYLE. It is the third generation of the Fushigi no Gensokyo series and has many new features such as a complete new user-interface, a new party system (you can pick only one from Futo and Satori to join your team), a higher screen resolution (1280px to 720px), implement of the "i-dash" (iダッシュ short for "instant dash"), and the dialogues are voice acted by professional seiyuu.
During the pre-Tokyo Game Show conference, ZUN, in collaboration with Sony, announced the Play, Doujin! Project with Mystery Gensokyo 3 as one of the first three games that were confirmed to have a release on PlayStation consoles alongside The Genius of Sappheiros and Touhou Sky Arena -MATSURI-.
An updated version, in part of Play, Doujin!, was digitally released in Japan on June 25, 2016 for the PlayStation Vita under the title of "Mystery Gensokyo -The Tower of Desire-". A year later, NIS America announced and confirmed the game's localization under the title of "Touhou Genso Wanderer" to be released in Early 2017. An updated version titled "Mystery Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED-" was released for PlayStation 4 and Vita in Japan on December 22, 2016. Genso Wanderer was released on March 21 in North America and March 24 in Europe. A Season Pass for the Reloaded version was announced for release on May 2017 under the title of "Mystery Gensokyo: TODR, Elegance and the Grand Festival". A playtest for the Nintendo Switch was announced on AQUA STYLE's Twitter account in early 2018. NIS America announced they were working on a localization and a Nintendo Switch port for "Mystery Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED-" in early 2018, to be released in 2018, under the title "Touhou Genso Wanderer -RELOADED-", which was released in North America on July 17, 2018, then in Europe three days later, with the Japanese version to be released in December 2018.
Reimu Hakurei and Rinnosuke Morichika are spending their times at Kourindou in a rainy day. They are just talking to each other in Kourindou when something weird happens. The Gold Sphere that Rinnosuke is holding is reacting in some kind of strange power. Reimu looks at it and is now cursed by the Gold Sphere. Reimu walks up to Rinnosuke and tries to steal the Gold Sphere from him. Rinnosuke was surprised and tries to keep the Gold Sphere away from Reimu. When Reimu is back to normal, she is still tries to steal the Gold Sphere from Rinnosuke when the Gold Sphere is getting brighter. After the lightning struck near Kourindou, the Gold Sphere jumped off of Rinnosuke's hand and rolled onto the ground. Rinnosuke pushes Reimu and run towards the Gold Sphere, and the Gold Sphere starts unleashing the strange power in front of Rinnosuke and turns the sky back to sunny. Reimu is asking Rinnosuke if he is alright, but the strange power was actually the dark power, and Rinnosuke was actually possessed by the Gold Sphere's dark power.
Rinnosuke is now called Buyking, who has the power to grant any wish. He has created several clones of Gensokyo's population in order to increase Kourindou's customer and make his store prosper. Rinnosuke has challenged Reimu into a battle. Reimu tries to defeat Rinnosuke but failed, and she had to escape Kourindou and get away from Rinnosuke as far as possible. Kourindou is now transformed into the Awaritium Tower. Along the way back to her shrine, Reimu meets Mononobe no Futo, who joins in her quest to climb to the top of the tower and resolve this incident once and for all.
Genso Wanderer is a roguelike dungeon crawler in which the player takes control of Reimu to move around the floor, pick up weapons, armors and items, defeat enemies and bosses (if any) in several randomly generated dungeons. You can also bring a partner along with you if you wish. Careful management of your inventory, taking advantage of your terrains, traps sprawling throughout the dungeons, enemies' abilities and weaknesses is important for survival and clearing the dungeons.
Note that characters and locations will use the series' standard name while others will use NIS America's translation.
The enhanced rerelease of Mystery Gensokyo 3 for the PlayStation 4 and Vita contains DLC.
- Momiji Inubashiri as a playable character.
- Mononobe no Futo and the Seven Trials - An extra story about Futo and Tojiko being challenged by Miko to seven different trials before meeting up with Reimu in the main game. After defeating the DLC, players can link up dungeons and unlock Futo as a player and Tojiko as a partner.
- The Bullet Reporter - A short standalone story where Aya and Momiji tackle an incident on the Youkai Mountain. After defeating the DLC, players can link up dungeons and unlock Aya as a player/partner and Momiji as a partner.
Mystery Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED- also contains DLC.
- Flandre Scarlet as a playable character.
- Versus Miracle Party - The third downloadable expansion which will feature new content, characters and scenario.
- Clock Remains - A downloadable scenario featuring Sakuya as the main character, investigating a series of periodic earthquakes that have been plaguing the Scarlet Devil Mansion, with assistance from Reimu.
Mystery Gensokyo 3 was first released in January 31, 2014, during the Comiket 85. In the following years, several re-releases of the game were made due to the Play, Doujin! project.
Mystery Gensokyo -The Tower of Desire- is the PlayStation Vita port of the game with exclusive DLCs. The game was released digitally on the Japapnese PlayStation store on June 25, 2016. In August 6, 2016, a trailer was released confirming the release of Mystery Gensokyo -The Tower of Desire- for PC with the DLCs from the Vita version included. The PC version was released on August 13, 2016.
NIS America confirmed that the localized version, "Touhou Genso Wanderer", will be released in North America in the early 2017 for both the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4 while retaining the voice cast and without any English dubs.
An updated version was announced during a livestream under the title "Mystery Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED-" for PlayStation 4 and Vita in Japan and a confirmation of a release date, which is December 22, 2016. Reloaded will feature new dungeons, scenarios and hero and partner characters. Characters from newest Touhou titles, like Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, are confirmed to appear in the updated version. Reloaded will also feature to continue any save file from Tower of Desire. A western version is also confirmed to be in the works. Pre-orders of Reloaded will include a code for a Santa costume of Reimu along with a Christmas theme for the celebration of Christmas. Limited editions of the game will add a custom illustrated box, the game's soundtrack with 150 music tracks, a visual book, a 2017 calendar and two voice dramas.
A Season Pass for the Reloaded version titled "Mystery Gensokyo: TODR, Elegance and the Grand Festival" was announced during AquaStyle's niconico stream on April 15, 2017. The DLC will feature all previously partner-only characters as playables. Sakuya will also be a playable character with Reimu as her partner in her own story. Later, it is revealed that Cirno is also going to be playable with Daiyousei as her partner.
NIS America announced a localized version of "Mystery Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED-" in early 2018, to be released in 2018 under the title "Touhou Genso Wanderer -RELOADED".
Genso Wanderer received mixed reviews but mostly still more postive than two previously released titles, Genso Rondo and Scarlet Curiosity. Most critics praised the game for its colorful chibi-style visuals, a well-done voice acting, a large variety of weapons and items to find and combine, a fun and addictive roguelike gameplay experience, a far more forgiving penalty upon player defeat. However, critics also criticized the game for its sudden difficult dungeon after the tutorial, overall bland environment despite each dungeon having different looks for each set of floors, overly large mini-map that covers most of the screen, simplistic plot and lengthy dialogues that are not very meaningful for non-Touhou fans. The soundtrack was also either praised or criticized.
In North America, the game was rated T by ESRB due to blood-splatter effects when using certain weapons, fantasy violence, mild language (the words "a*s" and "bastard" are used), mild suggestive themes from specific lines of dialogue, use of alcohol from beverages that give the "drunk" status, and use of drugs from the Psilocybin Mushroom that can make characters hallucinate.
Touhou Genso Wanderer/Mystery Gensokyo: -The Tower of Desire-
Mystery Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED-
Touhou Genso Wanderer/Mystery Gensokyo -Tower of Desire-
Mystery Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED-
- Mystery Gensokyo -The Tower of Desire- was listed as Top 1 in PlayStation Indies for PlayStation Vita in 2015. Mystery Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED- was given a 5-star award for PS JPN store alongside Touhou Adventure of Scarlet Curiosity and Touhou Sky Arena -MATSURI- Climax whereas Urban Legend in Limbo was given a 4.5 star award.
- Due to the localization, Mononobe no Futo is now referred as Futo Mononobe, Toyosatomimi no Miko as Miko Toyosatomimi, Hata no Kokoro as Kokoro Hata and Hieda no Akyuu as Akyu Heida
- Hieda no Akyuu, Kyouko Kasodani, Kagerou Imaizumi, Yuugi Hoshiguma and a number of locations/species have their extra letter "u" in their name cut.
- Some online articles on gaming sites, like Siliconera, mistakenly referred Futo as Ruto Mononobe.
- Fushigi no Gensokyo 3: Official site of the game (Japanese)
- AQUA STYLE: The developer's official Website (Japanese).
- Fushigi no Gensokyo -The Tower of Desire-: Official site of Tower of Desire (Japanese).
- Touhou Genso Wanderer: Official site of Touhou Genso Wanderer.
- 不思議の幻想郷3 攻略Wiki: The unofficial strategy wiki (Japanese).
- [http://www.aquastyle.org/fushigentod_r/ Fushigi no Gensokyo: Tower of Desire -RELOADED- Official site of Tower of Desire -RELOADED- (Japanese).