Scarlet Weather Rhapsody/Netplay
In a first for the Touhou series, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody supports netplay without needing to use any third-party programs or modifications. Simply hit the "vs Network" option in the menu.
The Vs Network screen
- Host a match
Will ask you to choose a port number, then asks you whether you want spectators to be allowed in the match or not, then will wait for someone to join.
- Connect to a host
Use the up, down, left and right buttons to input an IP address and port number to connect to.
- Show saved IP
This gets a list of IPs from the "address.txt" file in the Scarlet Weather Rhapsody game directory. To add IPs to this file, make sure each one is a valid IP:Port combination, and on a separate line. Use the Up and Down buttons to choose between IP addresses to join.
- Show IP history
Brings up a list of previously connected to servers, use Up and Down to choose between them.
- Connect to a copied IP from clipboard
This option checks if you have an IP:Port address on the clipboard (i.e: that you have copied in text), and if so, will connect to that address.
- Select profile
Choose which profile you wish to use in netplay.
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody defaults to using UDP port 10800, so people wanting to host games may find it useful to forward that port on their modems.
Touhou 10.5 Netplay Guide
Host Server (Host)
|Message 1: Port|
1. You will be asked for the port of your server.
|Message 2: Spectators|
1. Spectator Option.
|Message 3: Waiting|
1. This message appears when your server has been created.
2. If a player manages to connect, the character select screen becomes available.
Enter and Connect to Server IP (Join)
|Message 1: Input IP Address and Port|
1. You will be asked for the IP Address and Port of your host.
2. After you enter the IP Address and Port, you will see another message
3. If a player manages to connect, the character select screen becomes available.
Connect to Server at IP from List (Join)
|Message 1: Available IP Addresses|
|1) Select from a list of IP Addresses.
Connect to Server from History (Join)
|Message 1: Previous IP Address|
|1) Shows the IP Address of a previous server.|
Connect to Server at IP on Clipboard (Join)
|Message 1: Connect to Server|
1. Shows the IP Address w/ Port that you copied.
2. If done correctly, a message should appear w/ server address.
|Message 2: Connecting|
1. Connect to Server.
|1) This is an ERROR message, some reasons...
Hamachi is a handy tool lets you connect two computers via the internet by creating your own virtual private network (VPN).
After you downloaded Hamachi you have to make your own network and find people to join in. At the netplay screen choose a port an insert the IP on Hamachi from your opponent.