Seiran in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom
More Character Titles
Firing bullets from other dimensions
Deserted Lunarian military infiltrator, now Dango Salesgirl
It seems that it's hard for her to hold a regular conversation, even with her Moon Rabbit comrades, implying that she's either shy or doesn't get much respect from her fellow moon rabbits. She was making mochi for them despite being on break  , which confirms the latter.
- Firing bullets from other dimensions
Not much is known about the specifics of the abilities, other than to fire bullets from other dimensions. From what she can do, it implies that there's some form of teleportation going on.
Seiran was a member of the "Eagle Ravi" Earth Recon Unit sent to "purify" the Earth and is part of the Lunarian Military Infiltrators. She's in charge of the Infiltration operations, one of the most dangerous jobs. Seiran doesn't get much respect, being treated as cannon fodder . No reinforcements come to her aid and would've been slain if she blurted out the location of her base.  She doesn't get paid much despite the risks. After the events of Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom she abandons the Moon and came to Gensokyo, now being a Dango salesgirl.
Seiran possesses a hammer-shaped pounding mallet, which she uses to pound mochi as well as fire danmaku. It's unknown if she could also use it as a melee weapon.
Seiran (清蘭) is spelled with the characters for sei (清) "clear, pure, clean", and ran (蘭) "orchid" a plant of the orchid family, bearing unusually-shaped flowers of beautiful colours; it could also means "elegant, graceful". Seiran is also the name for a Japanese attack floatplane used during World War 2, the Aichi M6A1.
Seiran has dark blue hair, tied in two bushy ponytails, with ears similar to Reisen Udongein Inaba's on the top of her head and an accessory in one of them, she has red eyes, a common trait in Moon Rabbits. Her dress is periwinkle with frills and an alternating star and crescent moon pattern across the bottom. The bloomers under her skirt seem to be made of see-through fabric. She also carries a purple stained wooden mallet (presumably used for making Mochi). Although it's not visible in her portraits, she also has a tail.
|Attention: This section is a stub and it needs expanding with more information related to the section's topic. If you canin any way, please do so.|
- Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom
After meeting the protagonists, she decides to fight against them as her mission to purify the Earth, but when she is defeated she complains about being in the ground troops and lets the player continue to their base.
- Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia
Aya Shameimaru reports the competition between Seiran and Ringo of who sells more dango in the Human Village. Aya claims Ringo is winning but that she supports Seiran, although she explains that she does it because she always wants to support the weak part.
Along with Ringo both are members of the "Eagle Ravi" Earth Recon Unit sent to "purify" the Earth. After the events of Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom they both deserted the moon and became business rivals as Dango salesgirls.
- Reisen Udongein Inaba
She seem to have known Reisen before she fled to Gensokyo as both were part of the Lunarian Military.
Seiran with Ringo from Who's Who of Humans & Youkai - Dusk Edition
- She is the first Stage 1 Boss that has a proper Defeated Portrait.
- Seiran appears on the demo CD cover of Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
- Seiran is one of the two characters in the whole series who appears 3 times in a single stage: twice as a midboss and the third as the actual boss of stage 1 in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. The other is Alice Margatroid in Perfect Cherry Blossom.
- Seiran (晴嵐) is also a nickname for the Aichi M6A, a WWII-era Japanese war plane. However, this name connection has been stated to be irrelevant by ZUN in Strange Creators of Outer World.
- Seiran (晴嵐) means Mountain Vapor, which was Reisen's weather in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.
- Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom - Seiran's omake
- Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom - Reimu's Scenario
- Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom - Seiran's theme - ZUN: You can't see it, but she does have a tail.
- The term used here, teppoudama (鉄砲玉, lit. "cannonball"), is Yakuza slang for a low-ranking gang member who isn't expected to make it out of their assignment alive. Also used as slang for fictional characters who exist just to get beaten up by the hero before stronger enemies appear.
|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project. Please keep the character page guidelines in mind when contributing.|