- Yeah...I'm not sure about keeping those up. - J5983 15:30, 17 October 2005 (PDT) —Preceding non-UTC comment added 22:30, October 17, 2005 (UTC)
So for the purposes of removing them from the Special:Unusedimages list, I was thinking about making little thumbnail pages for the comic lists. Any ideas on a good layout? Maybe a link on top going to a thumbnail page? - J5983 15:30, 17 October 2005 (PDT) —Preceding non-UTC comment added 22:30, October 17, 2005 (UTC)
- Hmm, turns out categories are perfect for this. - J5983 19:21, 17 October 2005 (PDT) —Preceding non-UTC comment added 02:21, October 18, 2005 (UTC)
Should the Bohemian Archive sections that are translated and edited go here too? Or would those infringe copyright issues? Akuun 20:55, 20 November 2005 (PST) —Preceding non-UTC comment added 04:55, November 21, 2005 (UTC)
- Let's leave that alone. —Preceding unsigned comment added by J5983 (talk • contribs) 05:03, November 21, 2005 (UTC)
WTF happened to Tako?
- All of the artists have been categorized under their respective groups (yeah, complete overhaul), and we'll just have to learn which artists go with each groups. As for Tako, you'll see her listed under Plastic Protein. -Ruka —Preceding undated comment added 12:29, May 11, 2007 (UTC)
A NSFW section for translated H-doujins?
I'm curious as to whether the mods and admins here would allow another section for translated H-doujins. Seeing as they probably wouldn't fit with the overall selection, it would be nice to have a separate NSFW area so users could more easily keep track of the lovely translated Touhou hentai. Not One Of Us 00:37, 31 July 2007 (PDT) —Preceding non-UTC comment added 07:37, July 31, 2007 (UTC)
- No, I'd rather keep that out of the wiki. If you want a place for that, ask Survive. -Ruka —Preceding undated comment added 15:01, July 31, 2007 (UTC)
Two+ people under a name - should that be under categorization by group? (Limiter's, too, but that's a bit more vague.) A quick revert if not. -Trefle —Preceding undated comment added 06:35, September 1, 2007 (UTC)
Hello. I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but ever since gallery.gensokyo.org changed their gallery software(or whatever you call it :P), a lot of the gallery links in the comics are linked to dead links. Just giving everyone a heads up that I'll be changing the gallery links to the new updated URL, and adding gallery urls to comic pages that were originally missing. Got a lot of time on my hands, and here's the heads-up so no one freaks out over the flood of comic page edits :P --Pirokoro 00:26, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- I keep trying to download the comics but i get a page saying i dont have permissionDarkova 13:49, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
pairing detail for each comic
I feel that finding doujins with specific pairing is somewhat difficult. I'll try adding these details. If anyone find this is inappropriate please tell me. Ratichan 07:48, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Try at random or go to Wings of Yuri. Even the release descriptions at Gensokyo.org. This place, as far as I know, is just a link repository !8RstuPId2Y 12:58, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you. I will. Ratichan 14:30, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
Just letting you guys know that the owner of http://shrinemaiden.pestermom.com/ says it's okay to actively use that archive. What this means is that the mediafire links in the wiki can come down and be replaced with the ones found at the above link if needed.
I won't have time to update the links, so I'm counting on everybody and anybody to do that. --Rukaroa 10:49, 3 December 2010 (PST)
Hello! I have a question for you ... How do you contact the authors, and have permission to post their doujins here ?
On the french wiki, we would like to know how to contact them to avoid problems later...
Another thing, do you have special software to translate doujins ? Or you content yourself with simple as Paint etc. ?
Thank you in advance for your answers ^ ^.
--Fouri 16:02, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
- Most of the time, they don't contact authors and simply post translated works, as most scanlation groups do. This hasn't caused any problems in the past (re: several years). - Kiefmaster99 19:02, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hi! Thank you for your answer ^^. So according to you, if the sites that translate from japanese have the copyrith, the authors will not mind if we translated later into our language ?
It's because ours administrators are a little strict xD.
Everyone do like that, and there are any problem ? Okay, thank you.
I will still try to see that with Gensokyo.org ;). If copyright received for the original sites may also apply to us, that we want.
--Fouri 10:43, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- It's technically copyvio in the strictest sense. It depends on what stance your wiki wants to adopt. This wiki has had a history of being a doujinshi repository, whereas other wikis are more strict. Touhou being heavily doujin-based also makes this looser. You can interwiki w/ our doujin pages to make your life easier. - Kiefmaster99 16:01, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
Whether if it's a doujin or not, scanning works without getting permission is pure illegal and it's nothing but pirating (I've never seen a doujin that hasn't got a "no uploading" warning. Well at least in Japan it is, I'm no expert in international copyrights). The only reason why the wiki and the other sites aren't receiving any complaints is because most Japanese can't manage to make the claim in English (or should I say most of them even don't know about the existence of the Western sites). In contrast, you will be society killed if you make a single mention about scanning doujins in the Japanese Internet community.
>If copyright received for the original sites may also apply to us, that we want.
To be fully legitimate, you will need permission for each of the time you make a translation (or else get a full granted permission to make any translations).--Doncot (talk) 20:27, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
What if people want to download the doujin in it's original Japanese? Should we add links to non-translated comics for original work as well as the old translated link? Wild and Horned Hermit seems to be doing that with the "Untranslated Version" links... ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 22:02, 29 August 2011 (UTC)
- Too bad, we are not a hosting site ^^ Berzul 02:33, 30 August 2011 (UTC)
Q. The position of the page
Why is this page containing the fan-works under "Print Works" while there's an article called "Derivative Works" here? I was a bit confused by this, since I thought all fanworks were in the "Derivative Works". Could this page be renamed to "Doujin Comics" (or simply "Comics") and moved to the "Derivative Works" section? Also according to the description, I'm supposed to find the official comics here but I can't . --Doncot (talk) 20:45, 15 June 2012 (UTC)