Talk:Double Spoiler/Spell Cards/Level 4
I remember 'EXBerry Cannon' being tossed around on the NND live stream for what it's worth. Furien 02:40, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Cannon is カノン, so I don't think so. All I did was paste the two words into Google and that's what it gave me. Maybe once the comments are translated it'll help us figure out what it is. NForza 02:45, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
This really is a mystery, isn't it? I hope Zun just gives in and tells us. I can't really think of anything. Maybe it's not english? Zun never uses any other foreign languages, but... gahh, I dunno.
I think it might refer to the Israeli Canaan dog, which is pretty well-known for being a good watchdog breed: "Canaan Dogs have a strong survival instinct. They are quick to react and wary of strangers, and will alert to any disturbances with prompt barking, thus making them excellent watchdogs." The one problem being that "Canaan dog" is spelled with "カナーン," rather than "カナン." "Expellee" could possibly refer to their pariah dog appearance, but that's going out on a bit of a limb... Skizzaltix 17:31, April 21, 2010 (UTC)
- For what it's worth, カナン and カナーン are probably interchangeable. (カナーン redirects to カナン on the Japanese Wikipedia.) Also see this link (which writes it as エクスペリーズカナン). For the benefit of others, I've attempted to translate the text there:
- Expelled person
- Based on Aya's comment, one could think that this is used to mean "expelling person".
- Expelled person
- In the Bible, the so-called "promised land"
- Considering it's Momiji, though, I do think that it's referring to the Canaan Dog. "Expellee's Cannan" is probably the right translation, then. —Nereid talk 18:00, April 21, 2010 (UTC)