Talk:Imperishable Night/Story/Magic Team's Extra
The original translation of one of Mokou's lines,
reads as follows:
A ghost house, but with nobody dressed as a ghost. That is truly fearful.
I'm wondering wether Mokou is really citing an example of true terror, or actually arguing against Marisa's comment that the eeriest thing is for nothing to happen. In the latter case, I would translate Keine's line like so:
In a haunted house without ghosts, there is nothing to fear.
--Deciare 17:34, 7 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Literally, above statement translates as
- 'Nothing is fearful as' (~程, 怖い物は無いのよ。)
- 'Ghost house without' (~が消えたお化け屋敷)
- 'any expected ghost-dressed peoples' (居るはずのお化け役)
- So she's actually agreeing to Marisa's comment and giving a example.
- By the way, is above lines are Keine's? I thought it was Mokou..
--Checkist 18:20, 7 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Oops, Mokou's lines, yes. Wasn't paying attention. She's agreeing in a way that sounds kind of like disagreeing. Isn't that the way.
- --Deciare 18:35, 7 Jul 2005 (PDT)