|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project. Please keep the character page guidelines in mind when contributing.|
Nue was not the first character with thighhighs, it was Mystia. Please fix it.
- ZUN anatomy lol. There's room for the argument that Mystia's and Suwako's only go up to their knees while it's not as easy to argue it with Nue. !8RstuPId2Y 20:10, January 19, 2010 (UTC)
"Nue appears to be one of the only characters who is a "Gothic Lolita"."
Hina's a confirmed Gothloli ("This is Hina Kagiyama's theme. Since she's a gothic lolita[...]", ZUN in his music commentary). Nue, on the other hand, doesn't really look like the kind of gothloli I see occasionally. Looks more like she's emo - or just likes black stuff in general.
Thought I'll ask about this before changing anything, as I'm by far not an expert on that field.
Arget 22:19, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Should we add Byrakuren, considering dialogue in Touhou 12.3? Universalperson 18:42, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
- If you can point any possible detractors at that dialogue, then go for it. ZUN wouldn't leave any of the girls by themselves. There's always some connection. TheTrueBlue 07:07, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
Minamitsu seems similar to Yorimasa?
Current version suggests that Minamitsu is the same name as the sealer of Nue, probably Wikipedia:Minamoto no Yorimasa in Heike Monogatari. The same edit was done on the article of Minamitsu Murasa. But it isn't felt to me that the names Minamitsu & Yorimasa are similar, on the point of the line of syllables (mi-na-mi-tsu & yo-ri-ma-sa) & of Chinese letter (水蜜 & 頼政). Does a regular English speaker have that opinion? I can't understand!! --Masuo64 15:53, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Minamoto no Yorimasa
- Minamitu Murasa
- But that's only when the names are in different orders, so I'm inclined to agree with you that it should be removed. --TheSinnerChrono 16:17, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for your reply, TheSinnerChrono. It is unavoidable, but it caused the situation that almost all native Japanese should recognize the unit of their words for syllabe in listening or for hiragana-kanji in looking; their names in romanized letter seems to me below,
- Mi-na-mo-to no Yo-ri-ma-sa vs Mi-na-mi-tsu Mu-ra-sa (in division of syllable)
- Minamoto no Yori-masa vs Mina-mitsu Mura-sa (in division of kanji)
- So I don't think they resemble each other, because the name order is English-like and because the units of sound which the names are devided into in the Japanese way of division of their word in unit are inconsistent. ZUN's intuition about language must follow that way. --Masuo64 06:02, October 15, 2009 (UTC)
As we discussed on IRC, there's enough evidence to suggest that Nue's ability is hiding the true form of any object (as opposed to just herself). The only requirement is that an object has to have a true form to begin with.
The plot of UFO involves Nue hiding the pieces of the flying vault.
The article in SoPM involves Nue disguising her aircraft.
How about we change her ability translation to "hiding/concealing the true nature of objects" or something like that? Arknarok 04:52, 11 May 2012 (UTC)