Talk:Reisen Udongein Inaba
|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project. Please keep the character page guidelines in mind when contributing.|
- From Reisen's IN profile: "Inaba" was later bestowed upon her by Kaguya because... well, that's what she calls all rabbits. -7HS 17:21, 26 January 2008 (PST)
- Inaba is the name of an old province of Japan. Kaguya calls the rabbits Inaba because of the tale of the White Hare of Inaba. --Nietz 17:35, 26 January 2008 (PST)
- Given the parameters of her powers I daresay she is a lot more frightening than Itachi of Naruto. And I don't think that's even an illusion mind you, your brain is simply processing the various waves normally; but AS SHAPED BY REISEN, What's more there is apparently no problem for her to use this as much as she wants and to any degree she sees fit, eye contact or earshot isn't even a requirement! (as shown in the official manga drawn by Makoto Hirasaka) Therefore Reisen > Itachi > the rest of the Naruto cast
Maybe a bit of a nitpick, but the "sen" of Reisen in the audio clip kind of sounds like "zen".
--Sensei Hanzo 07:23, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
- I pray that these "audio clips", none of which I've dared to listen to, are being spoken by a native Japanese speaker using standard Tokyo enunciation. TheTrueBlue 08:36, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
What to do?
"In Reisen's case, "Udongein" was given by her master Eirin and this might be a ritual practice to make Reisen forget her dark past and begin a new life on earth."
makes me think about good old Sakuya and when Remilia gave her her name. There is a connection, but how to state it is another matter... Help, anyone? ♥★♦ 04:32, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
I think this sentence actually doesn't really make a lot of sense because she was not renamed - it was simply added to her name.--Tosiaki 04:58, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
- Well, as the sentence is already, in this way we should say something.
- Or... as you said, it wasn't what you were going for, the part "forget her dark past and begin a new life on earth." is still an interesting point.
♥★♦ 18:41, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
- You should read the Trivia Section:
"Reisen's rabbit ears, strangely, always have two accoutrement-like buttons on them. It looks like the ears were linked to Reisen's head by buttons. Many fans made fun of this and said Reisen's rabbit ears were artificial. However, Silent Sinner in Blue chapter 8 showed other rabbits in the Lunar Defense Corps for the first time, and they also have the same buttons on straight ears, unlike the floppy ears of "civilian" Earth and Moon rabbits." --Camilo113 (talk) 01:50, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
Oh, I didn't see that before..
Possible naming error in the design section?
In the Touhou Hisoutensoku design section it says: "If connecting SWR with Touhou Hisoutensoku, then Yuyuko can become a selectable character to play with, although she appears in no scenarios." But shouldn't it say Reisen instead?
- I think you mean "Spin-offs" section? Anyway, that is correct that "Yuyuko" ought to be changed, so I've fixed it. It was me who added the Th12.3 description and that mistake some time ago, and I guess it was a copy-paste error when I was adding Th12.3 descriptions to various character articles. Thanks for pointing that out :) Also, you can sign your comments with "~~~~". ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 00:23, 14 October 2014 (UTC)