A wiki isn't the best method for this sort of thing, but I figured it was better than nothing. Please make your own page for your replays. You can upload them here or link to them externally.
Can someone explain exactly what is required for the game to recognize a replay file? I find that some replay files with very long names are recognized while others are not. Shortening the filename to around 4 characters after the "ud" seems to fix any recognition problems, but it would be nice to know what exact rules govern this. Akuun 17:10, 4 February 2006 (PST)
- I'm not sure we even know what it is. For the later games (StB, PoFV) I think it's more strict about the 4-character rule, but for earlier ones it seems rather random. Note my comment on PCB's Miscellaneous Talk page, I ran into problems with that too. - JSeabolt
東方シリーズスコアボード -> Touhou Series Score Board is the literal translation. I'm not sure if you want to keep it that way, use the translation, call it Touhou Storm, or what have you, but just letting it be known. ^^; - JadeCicada
Does anybody else have trouble running the IN Extra high score replay? I can't get it working. No matter what I try, the game crashes as soon as I go to "replay" if I have that one in the replay folder.
- You need to patch your IN to 1.00d.
Am I the only one who's noticed there's something off with Touhou 11 replays? I've just completed SA on Easy yesterday (yeah, yeah, kindergarten, I know...), and when I wanted to watch Utsuho's fight again, Marisa just began flying straight into Utsuho's first attack and dying four times in a row! Or it's just a countermeasure for not playing Easy mode? ^_^' Renivall Jeagerjacques 07:51, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
Yes, I've noticed this, too. I watched tongrentang's replay from Touhou World Records and it worked fine for me the first time (saw the whole thing), but then when I tried to watch just Stage 6, he lost his last life to Utsuho's first attack. --Adonic Meki 18:21, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- From what I can remember, a stage 6 replay of any difficulty gets bugged and fails on Utsuho's first card if you play it standalone (or possibly on full replays too), but if you start from stage 5 it should play fine. At first it was thought that on lower difficulties it was replaying the character on a higher difficulty, until it bugged for those with Lunatic replays.
Of course, my personal replay is bugged on the second-to-last card of stage 4... which is it's own dumb replay bug, I guess, because it's bugged no matter how I play it. Blehhh. -- Unregistered-Kuziko 184.108.40.206 20:46, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
Showcase replays overhaul
moozooh 22:48, September 15, 2009 (UTC): I'm assembling a new list of showcase replays limited to 4-5 replays per game. The goals are: showing notable character handling and optimization, useful strategies and handicapped play. High score replays can be downloaded from High scores, so there's no need to actively double its content here.
Here is a tentative list of replays I'm going to list, sans proper descriptions.
Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
- Extra/Marisa-B scorerun by OOSAKA (634 million) — very good character handling, extremely optimized.
- Lunatic/Reimu-B scorerun by 湯 (521 million) — very good character handling.
- Lunatic/Marisa-A full-spellcard run by GIL — a showcase of survival, very good character handling.
- Normal/Reimu-B scorerun by ISO (307 million) — very good character handling, very optimized.
Perfect Cherry Blossom
- Lunatic/Sakuya-B scorerun by AM (2.73 billion) — extreme character handling (most of the time).
- Phantasm/Sakuya-B no-vertical run by GIL — interesting and daring handicap, excellently executed.
- Lunatic/Sakuya-B survival run by HS参謀 — a showcase of survival, useful strategies.
- Lunatic/Reimu-B scorerun by HS参謀 (2.72 billion) — lots of scoring tricks, very good character handling (a different one for a change).
- Phantasm/Reimu-B scorerun by HS参謀 (1.6 billion) — extreme character handling, very optimized (originally I planned to offer the Sakuya-B no-miss no-bomb no-SNB-break full-spellcard run by AM instead, but it has been deleted from Royalflare. I'll try to ask AM for it; if he gives permission, then I'll use it).
- Lunatic-B/Sk & Rr scorerun by YASU (6.08 billion) — extreme character handling, lots of scoring tricks.
- Extra/Youmu no-focus scorerun by GIL — extreme character handling, daring handicap.
- Extra/Youmu scorerun by ASL (3.1 billion) — extreme character handling, very optimized.
- Lunatic-B/Youmu scorerun by かみじー (5.08 billion) — very effective scoring/survival tradeoffs, useful strategies with very little milking.
Mountain of Faith
- Extra/Marisa-C scorerun by coa (1 billion) — extremely good character handling, extremely optimized.
- Lunatic/Reimu-A scorerun by GEPPO (2.14 billion) — extremely good character handling, lots of scoring tricks, showcase of survival.
- Extra/Reimu-B no-vertical run by AM — daring handicap and marvelous execution.
- Lunatic/Reimu-A no-bomb run by STR — lots of deaths, but a nice handicap considering how often you normally bomb in this game.
- Easy/Reimu-C scorerun by coa (1.54 billion) — very good character handling, lots of daring tricks.
- Extra/Reimu-A scorerun by AM (1.1 billion) — extreme character handling, extremely optimized.
- Lunatic/Reimu-A max graze run by yukarin — interesting goal.
- Lunatic/Marisa-B scorerun by d.f (4.08 billion) — very high score with a hard to use character.
- Lunatic/Reimu-A no-focus run by yukarin — daring handicap.
- Hard/Reimu-C scorerun by ひろなex (1.6 billion) — a very high score no-miss replay with a hard to use character.
Thoughts? If no-one cares to post a comment, I'll use this list for the section content.
How to watch replays
I am new and I wanted to watch some replays of others and loaded them into my replay file for SA but the replay isn't there when I start the game. How do I watch replays others? 220.127.116.11 02:26, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
What is this?
The page should clearly describe what it is in the first sentence. Is it a page describing the replay feature, a list of high score replays, or what? I don't even know myself.Flan27 (talk) 09:50, 8 September 2013 (UTC)