|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project. Please keep the character page guidelines in mind when contributing.|
A small investigation on a fandom fact
"Since her ability enables her to read minds, a growing joke among fanart depicts Satori as cognizant of (and disgusted by) lolicons."
I have a suspect that this is actually an equation between her third eye and Backbeard / the "Kono lolicon domome!!" 2ch meme, but I haven't been able to confirm it. Does anyone know better?
SilverHerring 15:04, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sure it's a combination of the two, naturally. I seem to recall having seen Satori Backbeard fanart within a day or two of SA coming out.--T. Solamarle 05:12, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- "I seem to recall having seen Satori Backbeard fanart within a day or two of SA coming out."
- Kind of off-topic, but somebody requested that in the impossible requests thread on Pooshlmer. Would you mind posting it there?
Makes enough sense. Shall I add it to her profile?
SilverHerring 15:22, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Ah, sorry I didn't add the information myself, I thought I had to wait for your answer.
Small addendum: The word "kokoro" means either "mind", "heart" or "spirit" in Japanese, thus the "mistranslation" of her ability is understandable/plausible.
SilverHerring 10:12, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
Reference to a 1930s Painting?
Alright, I understand that this is a very long shot from being true, but has anyone else noticed a similarity between Satori/Koishi and the 1939 painting by Kahlo titled "The Two Fridas"? The subject is essentially two identical women (sisters/clones/twins...) with visible hearts and external arteries that seem to connect and wrap around their shoulders and arms. Give it a look and tell me what you think.
126.96.36.199 22:06, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- Well, ZUN has used such diverse sources as Agatha Christie and Ray Bradbury before, so I don't think this is so improbable. I believe it's very much worth mentioning.
--Nietz 01:11, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
Strongest opponent in SA
If thats the actually wording, do you know that highest rank does not equal strongest/most powerful?
She's the master of Orin and Oku stage 5 and 6 boss as well as elder sister of EX boss Koishi.
She does outrank everybody. 188.8.131.52 14:51, February 22, 2010 (UTC) 3x more anonymous
How about you just skip to the part on, "how do I kill it".
if only spellcard bombs were still on SA i would say "the obvious answer is to master spark"Baptiejames 01:21, 16 December 2010 (PST)