Talk:Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
SWR is no longer TH 9.8 but 10.5 and needs to be moved as such. -Ruka
The Prologue of the game is on the Official Site, could someone translate it? -Black-Cat
Why are the Script pages formatted like "X wins Y"? Shouldn't it be more like "X defeats Y"? - NForza 06:52, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
This's probably stupid of me to ask, but nevertheless: ain't Tasogare Frontier planning to release some SWR updates with additional characters? Unfortunately, I don't speak Japanese (YET), so I can't read their site and can't ask anyone directly. Well, anyways, it sure would be nice if they even considered this possibility. I personally would not be against helping in... well, whatever I can be useful in ("Freakin' dream on!" - remark of Subconsciousness).
Is the english patch for version 1.00 or the updated 1.06?
Men, each of the character's story is kinda hard to put here... i just wonder how... - Dandan550 08:08, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- I finally got the story... It will be a big spoiler so pls wait... -188.8.131.52 05:34, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
"Oriental Sky of Scarlet Perception" or "Eastern Skies of Scarlet Samjna Perceptions"
Again, the translated title of the game (Eastern Skies of Scarlet Samjna Perceptions) is different from the same named musical track (Oriental Sky of Scarlet Perception). Which one is the correct one? ☢ Quwanti 23:17, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- "Samjna Perceptions" is like saying "perceptions perceptions." Go with the former one - with a minor change. In addition to such precedents as "Touhou Judgment of the Sixtieth Year," I think we should think of 東方 as simply indicating the name of the series, rather than literally saying "eastern" every time. It would therefore be better as "Touhou Sky of Scarlet Perception."--Tosiaki 23:23, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- I see, but using "Touhou" rather than a literal translation is something more wiki-wide so it may be discussed somewhere else. I will apply "Oriental Sky of Scarlet Perception" though for consistency (for now). I will also add a topic at the main talk page. ☢ Quwanti 23:26, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- I would retranslate that as Eastern Judgement. - Kiefmaster99 09:28, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
緋想天, this time we actually finish
So, in preparation for getting short descriptions of the game titles as discussed here, one of the problematic ones was 緋想天 mainly because the current translation doesn't seem completely thought through.
緋想天 is individually just three kanji which, without context, would end up with like "red thought sky". The first, 緋, refers to a couple of things, among them being Tenshi's sword (緋想の剣) along with its color, Iku's title (美しき緋の衣), "Scarlet" Weather Rhapsody, whatever. Obviously using "scarlet" makes sense. The next, 想, refers most likely to the Buddhist term sañña, and is usually translated as "perception". We've already discussed that in the past. However, the current translations for 緋想天 use "Sky of Scarlet Perception" which kind of falls flat with the last kanji. This is because these three kanji are used all over the game in various ways, all essentially referring to the same thing. First off, 緋想 is already pretty much wordplay on 非想, as 緋 contains 非 (and consequently is pronounced the same). ZUN interchanges these everywhere, too -- 非想天 is even used in Yuyuko's final stage title, and Hisoutensoku is in fact 非想天則 and not 緋想天則. 緋想天 is basically the same as 非想天 but with the added "red" meaning. 非想天 is a shortening of 非想非非想天 ("the heaven of not perception and not not perception"), which is a term for Bhavaagra that's also used in Tenshi's title (非想非非想天の娘). More commonly though it's called 有頂天 (wiki), which is Japan's direct translation of Bhavaagra ("the peak of existence heaven"), and that's considered to be where you fight Tenshi.
All that being said, I think it's profoundly clear 緋想天 refers exactly to 1. the "scarlet" theme, and 2. Bhavaagra. So, using "Heaven" for 天 is also the clear choice, which would make the rubytext for 緋想天 "Scarlet Perception Heaven".
Now, one problem with this is that we get the same situation as with Yuyuko's theme and Utsuho's theme, where both 緋想天 and 東方緋想天 are used as music titles, and changing the translations now kind of screws over music title searching if you get it from the wiki. The changes would be to "Heaven of Scarlet Perception" and "Oriental Heaven of Scarlet Perception". This has always been justified, so I don't think this is anything extraordinary.
I plan to get this changed within the next few days in order to advance with rubytexting the main game pages, so any comments now would be appreciated. My problem is that I'm way too lazy and don't have the time nor hardiness to also change every instance of "Sky of Scarlet Perception", so I intend to simply edit a few important pages and leave the rest. If there are any particularly important pages to modify, I'd like to know. Drake Irving (talk) 08:06, 9 August 2015 (UTC)
- Nice use of contextual logic. One page in particular that is very important to change whenever making a music title change is this one. There are lots of pages that link to/use it, in particular the fan arrangement pages. Code Slasher (talk) 09:07, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks. I was seriously wondering how the fanmusic pages get changed, since the wiki is pretty disgustingly inconsistent with its use of titles for things, one of the most noteworthy being music titles. There should really be automation and templates for basically everything that would ever get referenced, but the average users don't really know how to make these things or implement them in pages, unfortunately. Drake Irving (talk) 11:55, 22 August 2015 (UTC)