Talk:Touhou Wiki/Revamp Arrange Music
So there was talk about doing something about List by Groups cause it's a little long. Haven't really worked something out yet, but we'll have a page specifically for red link albums. That way, if you are feeling like writing some articles, you can check that page (which is signficantly smaller) instead of going to List by Groups. Since red link albums aren't categorized, there's no convenient way to see which ones haven't been created yet, so this would be an ok solution.
If the format used in List by Groups is changed so that maybe
- album lists span multiple pages
- we use categories to list albums
It would require effort to find red links.
Here is the page: Red Link Albums. Maybe it will be a little more organized. Currently it's based on whether it's on the list of groups page or not, and whether the circle name has been romanized or not. In the future, it may not be the case. --Tsukihime 20:29, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
All remaining unromanized circle names have been romanized with help from Arknarok and Darkslime. As these are unofficial romanizations/translations, all circle pages will use the original name as the article name. --Tsukihime 18:21, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
Demo and Preview Albums
While copying albums over to the red link albums list, I noticed that we have a number of demo CD's that had full versions released already. It probably wouldn't be necessary to leave these up then? Perhaps we should consider not creating articles on demo's or previews at all? --Tsukihime 18:14, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
All the albums
There are a lot of albums listed on this wiki, and all with a seperate page. Isn't it better to put all those albums in one subpage of the respective group, and the albums then shown and all the info in that "show and hide" thing. I think then it is much easyer to edit the albums. Quwanti 19:15, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
- I disagree because doing that would interfere with categorization. Perhaps we could transclude the albums pages and put the categories into noinclude tags, although we will then have to selectively use the includeonly and noinclude tags to remove redundant data. --Sbluen (talk) 13:27, 13 September 2012 (EDT)
One thing the arrange circle list is seriously lacking in is genres. All of the circles are listed alphabetically, which is fine if you're looking for a specific group, but it would also be convenient to organize groups by genre, such as vocal, rock, orchestra, etc. DarkMarxSoul 20:16, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- In the Circle template there is a genre parameter, and when you use the genre template template it will automaticly add a category to that circle. If you want you may add it to some (or even more) circles. ☢ Quwanti 20:27, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- While I recognize that you can list the circle's genre on it's page, I have yet to find a page that organizes the groups into each genre. For example, there could be a heading titled "Rock and Roll," and it could list all the rock and roll arrange groups. DarkMarxSoul 20:41, 14 October 2011 (UTC)