Talk:Watatsuki no Yorihime
Any notes on the etymology of her name (or that of Toyohime, for that matter)? —Kimiko 08:20, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Etymology... yes, it can be needed, but I suppose it might be more needed who is the inspiration. That of her is Watatsumi no Tamayori hime, who is the person of Kojiki. It spends us some time to write the information about it, now I will try it. --Masuo64 12:04, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
about her pesonality
in Inaba of moon and earth she is displayeed as an extremely shy/tsundere character, expecially when her sister shows her errors. could it be added to the fun facts section
Most Hated Character
Shouldn't it be noted that Yorihime is the most hated Touhou character? Then again, it's probably so obvious that no one needs to put it in... >_> If you go on Pooshlmer alone, you'll see many people who hate her. --126.96.36.199 23:45, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Character popularity should have no place on an informational wikia. You don't come here to learn which characters you should or shouldn't hate, you come here to get information about them. 188.8.131.52 00:22, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I've seen sometimes maniacs, so-called Bougesshaa (ボウゲッシャー), screwing up Bougetsushou and condemning "Touhou was ended when Bougetsushou was released!", while they eagerly buy doujinshi of Yorihime & Toyohime, complaining "it's a pity so little circles draw them; how cute they are..." There're so many various types of loving characters, so it can't be concluded just from one's view, even if it goes in your world. --masuo64 Talk 06:24, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth as a reliable reference?
Is it proper to use that manga as a canonical information? ZUN did not actually wrote any of those stories as far as I know. He only provided background information. If you compare the story style with ZUN's actual written stories, it's already pretty different.
- It's stated here that it's a debatable source of canonicity, but it's still a good source because ZUN had involvement. I guess that it's okay to talk about information that comes from IoM&IoE as long as people are aware of its reliability; I've now put information on the Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth page from said link to describe its reliability. Additionally, this comic can be compared to PMiSS because Akyuu provides her own theories on certain characters that may not be true, hence that this fanbook is also unreliable, but it's again a good source of information. ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 13:09, 19 August 2014 (UTC)
About Most Hated Character and How she is Undefeated
I've seen a lot of people hate Yorihime for the fact that is "Superior, and can defeat Reimu". I've also heard the Mary Sue argument. I don't completely understand that much about Touhou, but I want to clear some things up. I've heard tons of counter arguments online on how Yorihime isn't that powerful. Some claim that the fight between Reimu and her was a draw. Which isn't a complete unfair claim since it does sort of appear like that. Some insist Reimu wasn't using all her abilities and only using the one that Yorihime had the advantage at. Even then some claim Reimu could match her in due time. There is also the fact that Eiren (Yorihime Master and Trainer) was Defeated by Reimu. Reimu can also defeat characters presumably above Yorihime like Hecatia Lapislazuli who quote "completely past the level of anyone in Gensokyo or the Lunar Capital" I can go all day with this. But I think there is a good reason why she is undefeated. It's that she didn't exist long enough to be defeated. I have no doubt that if she did, she would have been defeated at some point. In fact other non ZUN touhou media (Which isn't fully accurate, which I figure is given). that she has appeared in often puts in her in the same power level as Reimu. I also can't help but think that Yorihime (And her Sister) doesn't officially exist anymore. with Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom (2015), where Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, and Reisen go invade the lunar capital, she isn't even mentioned at all. I know ZUN states that continuity defaults to the most recent game when a continuity error occurs. Which might make Slient Sinners in Blue most non canon. I'm not here to say if the hate is justified or to bash her. But I wanted to clear some things up and put some people mind at ease. Honest it probably doesn't matter. As far as I'm aware, we haven't seen in around a decade.
Ima Reply: > "== About Most Hated Character and How she is Undefeated ==" lol. I mean the fact that you open up with " I don't completely understand that much about Touhou, but I want to clear some things up." is not the best way to open something up.
But also the whole lunarian hate thing is like suuuuuper old at this point. The thing with Yorihime was just making sure its worded right and also accurate, rather then hate or like.
And yes she has a undefeated winstreak of 1 because she barley played, i made this joke on the discord as well and compared it to Call of Duty stats.
also as just so you know, as soon as you say "other non ZUN touhou media" your gonna invalidate your argument.
and also the most laughable thing you said is:
" I also can't help but think that Yorihime (And her Sister) doesn't officially exist anymore. with Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom (2015), where Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, and Reisen go invade the lunar capital, she isn't even mentioned at all. I know ZUN states that continuity defaults to the most recent game when a continuity error occurs. Which might make Slient Sinners in Blue most non canon."
Like bruh. I suggest reading LoLK again and also reading about Kegare. and ZUNs statement about continuity is about PC-98 to windows mind you. User- Imagi
When a god from a hidden dimension thrashes the shit out of the heroines: I sleep.
When a god from the moon (with the help of several other gods) thrashes the shit of the heroines: REAL SHIT.
I would say that the reasoning that people hate Yorihime do have some merit. Same with people claiming that Yorihime didn't really beat Reimu. But I still stand by my point that the only reason Yorihime hasn't lost to Reimu (Or anyone else for that matter) is that she didn't appear in that many games, manga, or any other ZUN product for that to happen. I have no doubt that she would lose if she did. That seems to happen in Touhou anyways. But honestly, it probably doesn't matter anymore.
Why are you guys even continuing this thread lol. The whole Yorihime hate talk is an opinion, and was only relevant during bias edits. that's like all over now. the TMI editor kind of added this whole topic for no reason. -imagi.
- Being hated or not hated is not something to consider in this wiki. You can discuss that, of course, but not in the talk page of her article. Like Imaginator said, this descended into an opinion talk section. Sayings like "I doubt they've even read SSiB to be honest" prove that this argument is centered about people who don't know her. Although the ways to communicate it can be changed, it's already put it. Talking about how people misunderstand the lunatic princesses has no place here. PassingStrike (talk) 17:43, 19 December 2021 (UTC)
Idiot Replies > I do want to add something I found kind of funny. Reisen can beat Hecatia Lapislazuli who quote "completely past the level of anyone in Gensokyo or the Lunar Capital" As well as the strongest character in Touhou according to ZUN. Which could possibly mean that Reisen is capable actually beat her former masters. Yorihime may have won in SSiB, but she could probably be beaten back (Just like anyone in Touhou, including Reimu who has lost before)
I know, it makes fights more fair. Allowing both fighters a chance to defeat the other. I know that means Reisen is not as powerful as Hecatia. But what differences does it make?
Even with spellcards it still takes skill to dodge and fire back spells. Now drop it, Hecatia has nothing to do with this argument. The fact remains that Reimu was defeated by Yorihime, it was not a draw, nor did any sort of hypothetical happen. If you want to discuss this further, I suggest you reread the relevant chapters of SSiB(12-18) and discuss further if need be. And sign your fucking talk page edits. Shioshou (talk) 06:51, 20 December 2021 (UTC)
I did, and this did nothing to change my opinion. I'm not even talking about about SSiB. I am talking if Yorihime were to appear in anything else. I think she would be defeated if that were to happen. Yes she won in SSiB. Although I noticed that Remilia is the only one who really actually fought her (At least Seriously). In fact, it's implied that the fight went on for sometime (Since there is a part where it cuts away and then back) Moreover when it cut back, we see beat marks on both Remilia and Yorihime. So Remilia did hit Yorihime. I'm not even hating on Yorihime. I started this to try to ease the people who do hate her. Quiet frankly, this argument is pointless. TooMuchInformationIdiot (talk) 11:50, 20 December 2021 (EST)
So if you are going to insist that Yorihime is a better then Reimu. Then clearly, I shouldn't get myself invested in Reimu. In fact, I maybe shouldn't get invested in Gensoyko either for that matter since Yorihime just proved that it's pointless. That's good to know. TooMuchInformationIdiot (talk) 4:18, 24 December 2022 (UCT)
No Seriously? Is that what you people are suggesting. If that is the case then why should I care about Reimu if Yorihime is a bitter version of her. I read SSiB, that is what I saw. A draw!!! Moreover, Reimu hardly dueled her. Remilia was the only one who really did! Moreover Remilia did hit Yorihime. I can't believe this. If Yorihime is better version of Reimu. Then why should I care at all about Touhou. TooMuchInformationIdiot (talk) 2:19, 26 December 2022 (UCT)
- This is not what the talk page is intended to be used for, move it to the Discord.Belone (talk) 10:56, 26 January 2022 (UTC)
I'm going to be honest here, I've lost all desire to play any of the games because of Yorihime. Like what is the point of doing anything in Gensoyko with Reimu. When Lunarians and Yorihime are just better and can have there way whenever they want? It kind of defeats the purpose. --TooMuchInformationIdiot (talk) 05:16, 7 February 2022 (UTC)
- Please stop with these biased edits and these ridiculous talk page edits. I'm surprised the wiki staff hasn't done anything yet. Belone (talk) 06:05, 7 February 2022 (UTC)
Ok but she actually used her sword against Reimu, none of the other characters never used it direct on Reimu. After Yorihime and Reimu small Danmaku skirmish, the 2 stop fighting. Her using her sword to block attacks is probably fair game. But then Yorihime puts her sword against Reimu. So isn't that cheating? --TooMuchInformationIdiot (talk) 16:53, 7 February 2022 (UTC)
Ok I'm not starting trouble this time. I actually made peace with Yorihime because someone who was actually nice actually explained to me what I wasn't understanding. Anyways I still think I'm right about Reimu could beat Yorihime in the future. I actually prefer it if the 2 were evenly matched. But I will shut up now as long as you don't reply and try to argue with me. Anyways, your probably never hear from me again! --TooMuchInformationIdiot (talk) 03:31, 26 February 2022 (UTC)
Fighting games are Canon so it's invalid for you to say that they don't matter, also Yorihime isn't the only one with wacky power/broken ability in Touhou. Well then Hagrid the Table (talk) 04:42, 26 February 2022 (UTC)