Talk:Wild and Horned Hermit
Ok Translations for untranslated things are all up as follows: Ch 3 http://voile.gensokyo.org/src/1309048333670.txt.unknown Ch 4 http://voile.gensokyo.org/src/1297894926720.txt.unknown Ch 5 http://voile.gensokyo.org/src/1309152084025.txt.unknown All those .txt are the work of glasnost. If you want to correct them, or use them, go ahead really... To be honest.. All that is needed is the font, used in previous things, if anyone has a suggestion, go right ahead...
Also Ch 6 http://voile.gensokyo.org/src/1314360273175.txt.unknown Berzul 14:14, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Yey Ch 7 http://voile.gensokyo.org/src/1327323648901.txt.unknown Berzul 15:00, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
-Thought I'd point out here that ch1 translated's link does not work. --StrikerX22 09:44, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
translation alongside original text
Just as for print works like Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and Cage in Lunatic Runagate, it seems only reasonable to have pages that contain the original Japanese alongside the translated dialogue/narrations. The same, of course, would go for Touhou Sangetsusei and Silent Sinner in Blue. Any comments?--Tosiaki 05:16, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- The difference is that you're attempting to transcribe from an image-heavy format rather than plaintext. It's more difficult to transcribe that kind of media (and perhaps translate too). Most efforts regarding such media occur off-site. However, if you think it's possible, I don't see why not. Note that you'd probably encounter even more difficulty with the 4koma Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth. - Kiefmaster99 07:45, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- Using the Translate Table can be useful. At the Japanese part, use "Japanese name: [Japanese text]", and for the English part the English name and translated text. I think images may be used, but not whole scanned pages. ☢ Quwanti 13:08, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
In an effort to keep some terms standardized between different translations, I'd like to ask how we feel 御神木 should be translated. I'm working on chapter 15, and it heavily revolves around goshintai, which I was also wondering how to translate until I realized that it came up in chapter 1, so I decided to follow Gaku's lead and leave it untranslated. However, 御神木 (goshinboku) also gets used in the chapter, essentially meaning a tree that is a goshintai. For the sake of the readers, I felt it would be less confusing to just ignore the separate term and call them "goshintai trees" but I suppose that's technically inaccurate. I'm also loathe to introduce another untranslated Japanese term that means basically the same thing, but fully translating the term into something like "Sacred Tree" would also make the connection between the two terms less clear. So I guess basically I'm asking what the people on the wiki think will become the standard term for these trees, so I can just translate it like that and avoid future confusion.--Clarste (talk) 18:01, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
Is anyone still translatingthe newer chapters?
While Ibarakasen and Suzuunan both getting more and more chapter, it seems like that translation is not up to the newest chapter. Just out of curiosty, is it just that translation takes longer or is it that no one is translating it?
PS: OT: How come when I enter ~~~~, I don't get the "Username (talk) 15:54, 10 June 2009 (UTC)"-format like I should?
by Tyraxx 18:37, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- Clarste and N-Forza are the ones translating FS and WaHH.
- Quote from Clarste: "The releases have been delayed recently because some of the people involved are busy. Sadly real life takes precedence over a hobby. There's really no anticipated release date or anything, just slower progress." --Camilo113 (talk) 19:01, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- They were translated, but they're still in beta so I wouldn't link them on the WAHH or FS page, so that someone won't take them and start uploading them on manga sites before they're ready. It's enough for summaries though. The translations are in the comments here. Possibly NSFW due to ads. UTW 06:42, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
WaHH Chapter 30
- No it isn't. Clarste just releases completed translations on batoto (because reasons), which requires an account to read. --Drake Irving (talk) 02:31, 17 October 2016 (UTC)
- Would it be better if I put a download link for the single chapters and the main batoto link (http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/touhou-ibarakasen-wild-and-horned-hermit-r2307) at the start? PK
(talk) 14:49, 19 October 2016 (UTC)