Talk:Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
"Take it easy"
In "Extra of the Wind" (ZUN's story for the comic that comes with Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red), Reimu says "Take it easy" quite a lot. Is this the same as the "Take it easy" that yukkuris say? (BAiJR came out in 2005, 2 years before the first yukkuri, I believe) TiamatRoar 17:19, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
>Sexual reproduction results in offspring that are identical to either the mother or “father” yukkuri. However, A yukkuri that had intercourse with an Alice-type will only give birth to more Alice-types.
OBJECTION! There was that story where a Remirya was raped by a group of Alice-types, birthed 4 little Remiryas, and was eventually forced to sell and cook parts of her children (only so much that they would still regenerate). 184.108.40.206 11:00, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Stealing from a dead yukkuri is taboo and will result in the culprit being hunted down by its peers.
I find it dubious that yukkuri have morals like this. In order to feel deeply emotional about the rights of a dead being, they must first feel deeply emotional about said being while they are living. The yukkuri itself seems incapable of moral thought seeing as how they are very instinctive (lacking higher brain function, not like they have any brains in the first place). Being so, coupled with short term memory, I find it highly likely that yukkuris are in fact more prone to do the OPPOSITE. I shall compare they to hamsters. It is more likely that they would steal fom each other, eat their own children if they cannot find food, and even eat each other. Being dead or alive having no bearing on it at all.
I take it that this has been derived from some doujinshi. At some point, we all need to decide where we draw the line of what yukkuri doujin plots are acceptable, and which are not. --220.127.116.11 03:37, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
When we discussed it, the consensus was that it's LOLMAGIC. The same way that they *know* when a non-yukkuri has stolen an accessory: it's not a moral thing, but programmed in, and doesn't rely on anyone actually witnessing said event. 18.104.22.168 14:49, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
>Sometimes, it would appear that there are consensual Alice-types. These ones behave much like Reimu-types and Marisa-types, and prefer to live close to Marisa-types. In reality, however, these are simply dormant Alice-types that have yet to awaken to their true nature. All Alice-types, without exception, will be overpowered by their instinct to reproduce and will rape other yukkuris sooner or later.
I object to this. Where was it stated that absolutely all Alice types were rapists? Also, one can't really say that all Alice types from every story are rapists. Also, such a statement seems to be an assumption or plain overwriting of author's intent regardless of whether the author thinks that his/her Alice will ever be a rapist type. 22.214.171.124 00:24, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- The act of stealing an accessory is not looked down upon, unless the accessory is stolen from a dead yukkuri.
- Stealing a yukkuri’s accessory will cause every yukkuri in the world to chase you.
I believe you've forgotten that "yukkuris" are allowed to steal them. A human who steals an accessory will be chased.
Can someone add the original sjis art somewhere?
-":::::::::::::｀＞ ゆっくりしていってね！！！ ＜
|::::::;ノ´￣＼:::::::::::＼_,. -‐ｧ ＿_ _____ ＿_____
|::::ﾉ ヽ､ヽr-r'"´ （.__ ,´ _,, '-´￣￣｀-ゝ 、_ イ、
_,.!イ_ _,.ﾍｰｧ'二ﾊ二ヽ､へ,_7 'r ´ ヽ、ﾝ、
::::::rｰ''7ｺ-‐'"´ ; ', ｀ヽ/｀7 ,'＝=─- -─=＝', i
r-'ｧ'"´/ /! ﾊ ハ ! iヾ_ﾉ i ｲ iゝ、ｲ人レ／_ルヽｲ i |
!イ´ ,' | /__,.!/ V ､!__ﾊ ,' ,ゝ ﾚﾘｲi (ﾋ_] ﾋ_ﾝ ).| .|、i .||
`! !/ﾚi' (ﾋ_] ﾋ_ﾝ ﾚ'i ﾉ !Y!"" ,＿__, "" 「 !ﾉ i |
,' ﾉ !'" ,＿__, "' i .ﾚ' L.',. ヽ _ﾝ L」 ﾉ| .|
（ ,ﾊ ヽ _ﾝ 人! | ||ヽ、 ,ｲ| ||ｲ| /
,.ﾍ,）､ ）＞,､ _____, ,.イ ハ レ ル｀ ー--─ ´ルﾚ ﾚ´
Oreng3 12:05, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
i noticed that someone edited out the entry on justakkuris (mima yukkuris) and i was wondering why,i mean,since chiyuri yukkuris and yumemi yukkuris are in there now,was it just an editor getting carried away with deletion by accident,or was it removed for a good reason? 126.96.36.199 16:55, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
I found out about this on Paheal, is it appropriate to link to it on the main page or talk page? Tyciol 01:50, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Ｉ am Japanese.Most of the setting written here is wrong. This setting is a setting that some deviants who were called ＧＹＡＫＵＴＡＩ ＴＹＵＵ made, and is not official. True yukkuri is ASCII art, and doesn't have the setting. The setting written here is what some users in Japan made it without permission for the cruelty, and it is different from the recognition of large majority. You pretend an official setting the one that it was translated and are writing.
It must be amusing if it doesn't write researching this more because other articles are written based on Douzin game of Japan. Please clearly write that it is a setting if this setting is written for the cruelty, and make the description a minimum.
- Well, nice of you to inform us about this, but then deleting everything related to this apparently non-mainstream opinion in Japan on an English wiki, instead of just putting a note at the beginning of that part of the article, is more like vandalism and oppressing a minority's opinion.
- Also it's a bit too late for this, since most people around here already accepted this "false" view on Yukkuri. So it's more like an opinion of a minority in Japan and most of the English-speaking community now. Thus I'm gonna undo your changes.
- PS: I actually hate the mere concept of Yukkuri, but I'm also against removing information for no real reason.
- Arget 19:26, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, nothing about Yukkuri is "official", is it? Some elements are just more widely accepted than others, as far as I know. The JIS art is the original incarnation of the Yukkuri, and the wiki article acknowledges that. However, like many elements born out of Touhou fandom, it just blossomed from there into something much broader and different, regardless of whether all the developments were by permission. (Does one really need permission to make new fan fiction about non-official, fan-created characters?) If there's any criticism we could level at this article, it might be that Yukkuri aspects from one-shot stories are listed as though they were typical of of Yukkuri fiction.
- Regardless, it's always good to have more reference material. Thank you.--Apcog 00:13, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
Some Japanese people consider that Yukkuris are not creature but method to deform (Of course, this is not suitable for violence) Creature Yukkuris are considered as things of perversion in many Japanese Yukkuri communities, and they prohibit to bring Creature Yukkuri out of communities. --188.8.131.52 16:02, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Is there any basis for the assignment or non-assignment of names for types of Yukkuris? That is, are they adapted from outside sources (2ch discussions, multiple doujinshi, etc.), or are any simply the product of the contributors' imaginations? I mean, I could think of a couple of other names for types that don't have one assigned yet, but I hesitate to add them in case there's some unwritten rule about it.--Apcog 01:23, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
I read through this page, and I found it so disturbing it was funny xD
184.108.40.206 00:48, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Yukkuri Reimu Plushie Medium?
I'm sorry if it doesn't belong here...but I figured since there is alot of fanmade merchandise of Touhou, I figured I would ask. Does anyone know online where I can buy a Yukkuri Reimu Plushie in medium size? I looked in toylet and they're sold out...and I hate to buy it from a Japanese-only site because I'm afraid something might go wrong...MaronaPossessed 16:52, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
Do I have permission to create sub-pages for each type of Yukkuri (Along with uploading an image of the Yukkuri and a template)? ex. [[Yukkuri shiteitte ne!/Yukkuri Reimu]] ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 14:32, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- What would be the advantage of that. There is not that much to tell and there is already a yukkuriwiki ☢ Quwanti 14:39, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- That wiki doesn't link back to us and is one of the reasons why I like to create sup-pages. Also, there is more info than what is seen on the yukkuri page not filled in and I thought it would be a good idea to create sup-pages to loosen the info. We are the main wiki on everything about Touhou of couse :) ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 14:48, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I am still saying no. I think only the meme should have it's own article and not every little detail. About any yukkuri. ☢ Quwanti 15:18, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- I know what I'll do, I'll Create a table in my user space to show on the main page of the topic. ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 15:22, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
- Thing is, there is nothing "official" about the yukkuri. It is just all fanmade content. And I mean all. Who says the rarityi is THAT rarity? All the "Abilities" or "Variations", everyone can just add its own stuff, as there is nothing official. In fact, the whole yukkuri page is just all made up content, and same goes for the meme page. Actually, everything under the intro should be removed as it is all made up. ☢ Quwanti 00:54, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- What was asked beneath here is what I am saying; people may think they can create their own. I would say we would delete everything about a yukkuri and just cover the meme. ☢ Quwanti 10:59, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- And Yukkuri shiteitte ne!/Yukkuri Mitori is just what I am talking about. Absolutely pointless. Actually, it now looks like some kind of fanfic where every character get its own page. And another thing; adding just a note wont do the job that now suddenly things can be added. ☢ Quwanti 22:25, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- Now stop Tony, you are going to fast. Don't you also see that a the page for Yukkuri Mima is just pointless? Just do not create any more. Because as I said "it now looks like some kind of fanfic where every character get its own page." Besides, you are totally not responding what I am saying here. ☢ Quwanti 12:17, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe someone should create a Touhou fanon wiki or something. That's what they did with the Warhammer 40000 wiki. ...course, in this case, if there really is a Yukkuri wiki and the problem is that it "doesn't link to" the touhou wiki, can't someone just go over there and edit in a link to here? Or am I misunderstanding something? Unless it's like, a private wiki or has rules against linking to other wikis or something. TiamatRoar 16:09, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- The reason why the Yukkuri wiki doesn't link back to us (and does link to touhou wikia) is because our link on the whole of the wikia server is classified as spam, because of the vandal incident of the touhou wikia that happened late last year/early this year (also might be because one of the main admins of wikia doesn't like wiki's moving out of wikia). I wouldn't suggest creating a fandom wiki since we have a lot of that here anyway. lol
- Also, I apologise for not responding to your responses Quwanti. I was lost for words to what I should say, so I had a hard think and decided that I will not create anymore sub pages. What I will say is I will only create them if there is too much notable info on the specific yukkuri and that I'll move Mitori and Mima to the main page and keep Reimu and Marisa to their sups. Is all that OK? ～ Tony64 (Talk/Con.) 16:41, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
A few questions...
Since there are non-touhou yukkuris there, can we have our own or are they only well-known ones?
And is the Yukkuri Creeper based on the Minecraft creeper? --Amigopen 02:39, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- I guess it is...... Although I saw its name mentioned in a certain yukkuri wiki (which I wouldn't completely rely on for accuracy). Deathsoul4 03:27, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- Do not create your own. Though, there are already not-that-very-known yukkuri's here. ☢ Quwanti 10:59, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
The art of the Yukkuri is not an exact science as the meme itself is constantly evolving. But not to have them on the wiki at all is a bad idea, since as we see on the References to Touhou and other sources as they do admittedly have a strong following in the fanbase. That being said, that same fan base do not follow a concrete guideline on what can be classified and pass as a new Yukkuri.
The way I see it, it's not up to US to create such Yukkuris, we simply just document for the ones we know exist and thus use notoriety as a measurement if it's worthy to add in.
But... wait a sec, just how much should the Yukkuri presence on the wiki be exactly?
At the time being, ZUN only made a small acknowledgement as stated in our page, so any information on this wiki should be general at most while the details should be in the other wiki (unless, the Fanbase demands it on this wiki :3 )
If there was some way to have a guideline and high notoriety (like the or Fan-made characters) then we can welcome the Yukkuris into this wiki with open arms.
(Besides, I think the subspecies should have their own page, and not on the same general one, if at all.)
And of course, I'm more than glad to talk this one out! :3
♥★♦ 00:44, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
Extending/Rewriting the History of Yukkuri
Hello, I've noticed that your description on the history of Yukkuri is almost entirely taken from Menchi/Shii/Morrow's wiki, which leaves out a lot of early history of Yukkuri (and sorta perpetuated the idea that Yukkuri should be abused and be overly detailed in a rather gross manner, which is why no sensible person in the west has ever looked at these things). I'd like to rewrite the article, or at least the history of Yukkuri, but I can't figure out how to lay the information out into the article since the layout is extremely confusing and full of junk? Anyways, here's the main points of Yukkuri History from this article on Kehihi Reimu (see second point below) on the Nicovideo Encyclopedia:
- The entire Yukkuri phenomenon can be traced to SJIS artwork of Reimu Hakurei's outfit in Curiosities of Lotus Asia that was posted on December 5, 2003 in the 106th Touhou Series General Thread on 2channel's "Game Saloon" board.
- Eight threads later, on December 13, 2003, the artwork was edited so that Reimu was holding two knives. Here, she responds to Alice's request to play Strip Mahjong with "We could play 3 to 1, but we could also play alone. Kehihi."
- At some point, this particular artwork was rendered to a head and in the 316th Touhou Series General Thread, somebody made a larger version of the head on April 18, 2004 with the text, "Shall we have some tea snacks together?"
- Still, nothing about the head was noteworthy, so let's skip ahead to 2007...
- At the main Touhou board on Shitaraba, somebody started posting the head on June 2, 2007 in the 45th Immaterial and Missing Power Thread, which was made fun of by the 47th Immaterial and Missing Power Thread, but by the 48th Immaterial and Missing Power, it seems like people started making edits of that were based on the head.
- The original SJIS artwork of Marisa Kirisame, which seems to be a response to (or partially based on?) "Shall we eat sweets together", that was posted on July 25, 2007. Like Reimu, the right-facing Marisa was rendered to a head and a Yukkuri face was slapped onto her since they were really popular in the Summer of 2007.
- Nobody knows when the two were combined to have "ゆっくりしていってね！！！" with three exclamation points over them.
Around 2008, pixiv was just starting, a certain artist started making cute comics then the horrible thing happened, and 4chan created a /jp/ board to "fix all the problems with /a/ (which failed since it was a one-board issue)", but I think that's a bit too complex to explain here. I'd love to expand on how Japan still loves them and associates them with the default SofTalk voice since you hear them a lot in their Let's Play videos, but kinda want to start on fixing the early history first. Thank you for your time?
Omitting Lore and Behavior
Has anyone ever questioned why there's so much lore, and analysis of Yukkuri behavior/anatomy on this article? They're really just heads that originated on textboards that people grew to love. The Pixiv Dictionary and Nicovideo Encyclopedia on Yukkuri doesn't really go in-depth about things like behavior, anatomy, characteristics, reproduction, and how you can torture these creatures, so why does it take up more than half the article?