Title screen of Touhou Danmakufu
Customizable Engine Vertical Danmaku Shooting Game
Single Script Mode, Plural Script Mode, Stage Script Mode, Package Script Mode (ph3 only)
Direct3D, DirectX 8.1 (v0.12m), DirectX 9.0c (ph3), Except the video cards which max texture size is only 256x256 (e.g. Voodoo)
Touhou Danmakufu (東方弾幕風, lit. "Eastern-style Curtain Fire") barrage is a relatively easy-to-use STG maker program which leans toward making Touhou Project-style games with a C-like programming language.
There are currently two versions of the engine. Danmakufu v0.12m was the first engine to allow fans to create their own Touhou-style games. However, development has currently ceased with the release of the new engine.
Danmakufu ph3 is the new and advanced engine, which, though similar to Danmakufu v0.12m, is not compatible with the old engine. However, Danmakufu ph3 is much more flexible than Danmakufu v0.12m.
After not being updated for several years, Danmakufu ph3 was made open source in early 2019. Several forks with the purpose of improving and expanding upon the engine have been created, such as "Touhou Danmakufu ph3.5" and "Touhou Danmakufu ph3sx".
How to get
|Danmakufu ph3 is the new and advanced engine from mkm. It is similar to v0.12m, yet grants much more flexibility. In this engine, you can create things that are somewhat impossible to achieve in the old engine. Ph3 is no longer actively updated. The last update from the author was early 2015, and subsequently became open source in early 2019.||Danmakufu v0.12m was the first engine from mkm to allow fans to create their own touhou games. Development has been discontinued with the release of the new engine. However, this wiki still provides plenty of support. If you're new to Danmakufu, it is highly recommended that you start with the new engine.|
Note that most of these resources are for Danmakufu v0.12m. More resources can be found on the Danmakufu Wiki.
Notable Scripts and Games made with Touhou Danmakufu
- 東方時封城 ～ the Alternative Age
- 東方夢終劇 ～ Concealed the Conclusion
- Phantasm Romance-幻想浪漫紀行-
- 幻想浪漫紀行 ―Phantasmagoria Trues―
- Magical Singular Day -東方絲幻域-
- 東方邪星章 ～ The Last Comer
- 東方魔晶精~Fairies of Sorcery~
- 東方導命樹 ～ Mystical Power Plant
- 東方桃源宮 ～ Riverbed Soul Saver
- 東方白塵記 ～ White Names Spoiled Past
- 新約・東方幻想殺 ～ Re.Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker
- 東方天華楼 ～ Frantically Forbidden Fruit.
Note that most of these resources are for Danmakufu v0.12m. More resources can be found on the English Wiki.
Located on the Touhou Wiki:
- Nuclear Cheese's Drawing Tutorial (v0.12m)
- Nuclear Cheese's Effect Object Tutorial (v0.12m)
- Official Tutorial (v0.12m)
Located on the Danmakufu Wiki:
- Danmakufu Basics Tutorial by Blargel (v0.12m)
- Miransu's EV USER Guide (ph3)
- Sparen's 0.12m to ph3 Transition Guide (ph3)
- Sparen's Basic ph3 Item Tutorial (ph3)
- と～ほ～ＧＣ (Touhou Danmakufu: Developer's Site)
- Touhou Danmakufu Wiki v3 (Japanese)
- Danmakufu Wiki (English)
- Touhou Danmakufu ph3 source code