Touhou Hisoutensoku/Translation/Marisa's Script
- 1 Marisa wins Reimu
- 2 Marisa wins Sakuya
- 3 Marisa wins Alice
- 4 Marisa wins Patchouli
- 5 Marisa wins Youmu
- 6 Marisa wins Remilia
- 7 Marisa wins Yuyuko
- 8 Marisa wins Yukari
- 9 Marisa wins Suika
- 10 Marisa wins Reisen
- 11 Marisa wins Aya
- 12 Marisa wins Komachi
- 13 Marisa wins Sanae
- 14 Marisa wins Cirno
- 15 Marisa wins Meiling
- 16 Marisa wins Utsuho
- 17 Marisa wins Suwako
- 18 Marisa wins someone
- 19 Notes
Marisa wins Reimu
|Peace-senile is scary.|
Everyone's like they're fighting for no reason.
|Oh yeah, I've found something dug up at the bazaar.
That Seed of Unknown Form.
Maybe you can still find them lying around Gensokyo.
Marisa wins Sakuya
|You're going to the bazaar? You're too late,|
almost all the good stuff's gone.
Marisa wins Alice
|Marisa||今年は森にも陽の光が差して暑いな||This sunshine is even making it hot in the forest this year.|
|Won't they explode if you leave them out|
for too long in this heat? Those dolls, that is.
Marisa wins Patchouli
|You've got waterproof books as well.|
I bet you could even read those in the bath.
|Speaking of which, I wrote a book too!
It's bad of me to keep borrowing books, so I'll put my book here at the library this time!
How much will you pay for it? 
Marisa wins Youmu
|Marisa||冥界は季節があるのに、彼岸には無いんだってな||Though there are seasons in the Netherworld, there aren't any in Higan, huh.|
Marisa wins Remilia
|Sorry I always come during the day.|
I'm asleep at night.
Marisa wins Yuyuko
|Graveyards were the meccas of summer, yeah.|
But... what's a mecca?
Marisa wins Yukari
|How many eels should you eat in the midsummer day?|
If it's a lamprey eel, one should be enough, I bet.
|Marisa||しかし、土用っていつ頃を指すんだ？||However, who decides when midsummer is anyway?|
Marisa wins Suika
|A cloud is a gathering of things, isn't it?|
Why don't you ever ride one or something?
|Gather the ones who have free time for me tonight.|
When it gets cool after sundown, we'll have a party!
Marisa wins Reisen
|Harvesting bamboo is a lot tougher than I thought it would be.|
It's about as hard as it is to eat.
|I saw that fast-growin' bamboo.
When you run, it's easy to run into them.
Marisa wins Aya
|I've got a good idea for you. Why don't you try|
putting a weather forecast in the newspaper? Wouldn't that sell?
|With newspapers, you collect the stories yourself|
so no one else has to go anywhere.
That's convenient, but everyone reading the same thing
I could beat you at your own game by just walking around myself.
Marisa wins Komachi
|How about have the kappa make you a motorboat?|
It'd make your job fun.
|Does your boat sink easily?
No, it's just that I heard that the boats
Maybe it's not for all phantoms,
Marisa wins Sanae
|Marisa||随分と妖怪退治業が板に付いてきたな||So you're really starting to get the hang of youkai extermination, huh?|
|If you do nothing but youkai hunting, you might become close to one yourself.|
Marisa wins Cirno
|Ah, my bad.|
I actually haven't seen a Daidarabotchi.
Marisa wins Meiling
|What's it to you if you beat me?|
I'm not letting you catch up to my skill level.
Marisa wins Utsuho
|No, it's just that.|
It's so hot today. So hot, I could die. 
Marisa wins Suwako
|Will you spare me some of that sometime?|
That nuclear energy.
Marisa wins someone
|When nothing happens, everyone stays the same.|
It's such a boring situation.
|Marisa||怖いのは夕立が降る前に勝てるかどうかくらいだ||It's scary just whether I can win before I have a rush rain in the evening. |
- ^ Peace-senile (heiwa boke) is quite a odd Japanese word, meaning "most Japanese people's own typical way of thinking due to quite a long peaceful period under the US nuclear umbrella after WWII. E.g., too disregarding to the safety of Japan mainland, and too undefended for dangerous behavior of other people.
- ^ Marisa did talk about selling her book to a library....
- ^ Fast-growing bamboo appears on the 24th chapter of Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth.
- ^ The cat associated with fast growing bamboo is a parody of City Connection: the counterpart of spike is the bamboo shoot in Japanese version.
- ^ Marisa said the same phrase on Stage 5 of Marisa and Alice's Scenario of Subterranean Animism.
- ^ In Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Marisa suffered from drizzle, so Marisa is wanting to avoid the rain. 夕立 (yuudachi, rushing rain in the evening) is a characteristic Japanese climate, rushing rain's suddenly falling and disappearing only seen in summer evenings.
|This page is part of Project Translations, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to ensure the quality of translations of all official material in the Touhou Project.|