Touhou Wiki:Translator Zone
This page is meant for translators to review each others' work and any discussion regarding translations.
It will contain a list of items to be reviewed and any resources that might be nice.
This list is for those that can be contacted with translation questions.
Details By Game
Please place useful comments as a sub-bullet of the bullet point it relates to. Split major bullet points by character and stage.
- Reimu: is basically characterized as "an optimist", "has latent powers but lacks training"(because...why? she's young?), and "messes up using the yin-yang orb a lot". She also "entered a gate on a whim", so we can basically say that... well, she's young. She only has one line of dialogue, though, and it's in the prologue, so there's not much to do in terms of dialogue for this game. Darkslime 17:16, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Highly Responsive to Prayers/Translation/Prologue - filled with ZUN silliness. It's pretty readable at the moment. Darkslime 17:27, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Reimu: ZUN states her personality in her profile as "an optimist, and even in extraordinary situations like [the story of this game], she figures she can make do with her spirit power". It's also said in the backstory that she really doesn't like doing the training, and slacked off while she was supposed to be doing so. Her dialogue generally characterizes her as carefree and not really aware of her own latent abilities. She becomes extremely determined when facing Mima, the one who destroyed her shrine, though. Also, perhaps due to her youthful portrayal, she briefly despairs when both Mima and Genjii attest to her powerlessness, but returns to being angry right away. Seems like her mood changes pretty quickly. Darkslime 18:30, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Genjii: "No one ever listens to me..." but he really does care about Reimu. Darkslime 18:30, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Rika: She has the annoying なのです catch-phrase-gobi that we need to do something about. She also cries/fake-cries a lot. Tries to trap Reimu, but it seems like it just adds to the portrayed "cuteness" of the character. Darkslime 18:30, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Meira: Seems like her character is "my life's purpose is solely to take the shrine maiden's power". She does run away in the end rather than being killed, though. Darkslime 18:30, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Marisa: Unlike the Windows era, the PC-98 Marisa is a classic, cackling, western-style witch that actually speaks in a pretty feminine tone(using わ and もん, the latter of which pointing to her youth as well). She also seems to like tormenting Reimu, as seen in one of the bad endings where she forces the shrine maiden to train(using torturous methods). Darkslime 18:30, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Mima: Out for Reimu's power as well. Seems a little bit crazed in this game in particular, evilly laughing at the prospect of a challenge and getting her power alike. Darkslime 18:30, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Category:Untranslated - Translate untranslated text in these sections.
Works to be Reviewed
- Imperishable Night/Story/Scarlet Team's Scenario 1 - Requires proofreading.
- Imperishable Night/Story/Scarlet Team's Scenario 2 - Requires proofreading
- Imperishable Night/Story/Boundary Team's Extra - Requires proofreading.
- Imperishable Night/Story/Scarlet Team's Extra - Requires proofreading.
- Imperishable Night/Story/Ghost Team's Extra - Requires proofreading.
- Immaterial and Missing Power: Translation - All scenarios require proofreading.
- Double Spoiler/Music - Requires proofreading.
- ZUN/ZUN's reply to messages on the former Gensou Bulletin Board 3 - Requires proofreading.