Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Search user languages|
Userbox Language Guide
Wikipedia's description of language levels is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Babel/Levels
A quick sanity check on your own self-assessment:
- If you use a bilingual dictionary or check things with machine translators more than occasionally, you are LANG-1.
- If you need to use either of these tools at all, you are LANG-2.
- If you read and write fluently, but may have trouble with particularly nasty idioms, metaphors, slang, and archaisms, you are LANG-3.
- Someone who is LANG-4 should be able to write a long essay on an arbitrary topic and be confident that it contains no errors.
- You should be able to answer any question anyone might have if you consider yourself a LANG-5.