User:Anatole serial/Nue Houjuu (Template Test)
|Name:||封獣 ぬえ （ほうじゅう ぬえ）
|Abilities:||Power to hide true form by Seeds of Non-Identification (this includes changing her form to energy ball and pieces of Soaring Vault to UFOs)|
|Age:||Unknown, More than 800 Years old|
|Location:||Temple of Myouren|
Has short black hair and dark red eyes. Has three red metallic-looking wings on the right side of her back, and three blue arrow-shaped tails coming out from her left side. Carries a trident, has a snake on her right arm (which might be the Seed of Non-Identification), and also wears a black wristband on her left wrist. Her dress is all black with blue and white trim in the middle, a red bow on the front, and a small, yin-yang-like tomoe design at the bottom corner of the skirt of her dress. She wears black thigh-high stockings and red shoes with bows on them.
|Titles:||See Character Titles|
She is said to be one of the most mysterious and feared youkai in many years yet has been defeated by Humans many times. There are many legends according to her appearance when, in fact, she is hiding her "true form." She was just enjoying scaring humans until she got bored of it (although her dialogue suggests she was sealed underground), so she spent most her time underground until the incident in Subterranean Animism where she went above ground to check what happened.
During the events of Undefined Fantastic Object, she found out that Murasa and the other youkai who were also sealed underground made it above ground and were planning something. She decided to had some "fun" by putting the Seed of Non-identification in the fragments of Tobikura. Eventually, she saw the heroine collecting them and she decided to secretly follow them, either helping or getting in their way before deciding to show up to congratulate the heroine for saving Byakuren.
- The true cause behind the scattering of the fragments of the Tobikura was Nue placing the Seeds of Non-identification on them; the snakes in the seeds caused them to fly away.
- Nue both helps and hinders the heroine, along with the group of youkai trying to revive Byakuren, but eventually she regrets doing it because she would benefit from their plan succeeding.
- Similar to Kogasa, she tends to scare off people by using the fear of the unknown, or the fear of her true form.
- In Sanae B's scenario, she and Sanae get their picture taken by Aya.
Name Origin and Meaning
- A nue is a legendary beast that has "the head of a monkey, the body of a raccoon dog, the legs of a tiger, and a snake as a tail". Nue's family name, Houjuu, literally means "sealed beast" as written.
- Like Satori, her first name is also the name of her species.
Relationships and Affiliations
- From her in-game dialogue, Nue appears to have known Murasa and Ichirin before the events of Undefined Fantastic Object.
- Based on one of Reimu's quotes in Touhou Hisoutensoku, as well as chapter 12 of Oriental Sacred Place, she is currently living with Byakuren in her Temple near the Human Village.
- Nue is the first(?) character ZUN himself has drawn with thigh-highs, and she seems to appeal to "zettai ryouiki" fans, referring to the area of bare skin between a skirt and thigh-highs. There is a slight shadow of doubt over this since Suwako's sprite in MoF clearly shows her wearing thigh-highs while her drawn portrait shows her wearing socks long enough to be thigh-highs but are slightly folded down to where her knees should be. Mystia also seems to be wearing stockings reaching above her knees in her drawn portrait in Imperishable Night.
- Nue's spell cards are heavily reminiscent of other characters', such as Flandre, Yukari, Rumia, and Hina. Specifically, they tend to act as combinations of spell cards, often using one element from one, and one from another.
- Nue is the only Extra Stage boss to appear as a midboss in multiple stages. Ran has been a midboss in one stage.
- Nue's appearance as a ball of light midboss on stages 4 and 6 is similar to the stage 2 midboss of Mystic Square. Yuuka also turned into a ball of light during her battle in Lotus Land Story.
- However, she bears the most similarity to the midboss of Lotus Land Story's extra stage. Their appearances are identical, and both drop items when leaving the screen, each ending with an extra life.
- Nue has the tag "Heian" on her song and a couple of her spell cards. Heian may be referring to the Heian period (794 AD to 1185 AD) of Japanese history (traditionally depicted as a Golden Age in Japanese History) and/or to a former capital city of Japan (794 AD to 1868 AD), 平安京 "Heian-Kyo", which is now the city of Kyoto. Her age of approximately 800 years also places her origins at the end of or during the Heian period.
- Nue's "Danmaku X from a Wandering Star" spell card in Double Spoiler has danmaku in shapes resembling that of the PlayStation's button logos.
- In Kyoto, the streets are laid out in grid-like pattern. You can see her survival spell card is referring to this.
- Nue is the first Extra stage boss in the Windows series to have not met the final boss prior the start of the game she first appears in.
- Nue's first non-spell card attack resembles Vivit's first attack in her second form in Shuusou Gyoku
- Due to her character design, theme song, and the fact she is an Extra stage boss, some fans have compared her to Flandre Scarlet. This has led to her fan nickname, "U.F.O-wen."
Spell Card Information
|Ominous Clouds "Heian Dark Clouds"||UFO|
|Unidentified "Red UFO Invasion of Rage"||UFO|
|Unidentified "Blue UFO Invasion of Grief"||UFO|
|Unidentified "Green UFO Invasion of Loyalty"||UFO|
|Unidentified "Rainbow UFO Invasion of Terror"||UFO|
|Unidentified "Purple Mirror"||DS|
|Unidentified "Red Cloak, Blue Cloak"||DS|
|Unidentified "Hanako-san in the Toilet"||DS|
|Nue Sign "Mysterious Snake Show"||UFO|
|Nue Sign "Danmaku Chimera"||UFO|
|Nue Sign "Unidentified Darkness"||UFO|
|"Nightmare of Heiankyou"||UFO|
|"Danmaku X from a Wandering Star"||DS|
|Grudge Bow "The Bow of Genzanmi Yorimasa"||UFO|