Sunny Milk in Fairy Wars
More Character Titles
Able to control the refraction of light
Leader of mischievous fairies
Sunny Milk (サニーミルク, Sanīmiruku) is the leader of the Three Mischievous Fairies composed of her, Luna Child, and Star Sapphire. She is a fairy who currently lives in a tree close to the Hakurei Shrine with her two partners. She often pranks humans, her most common prank being making humans get lost, but she rarely executes them alone, often taking other fairies or her partners along. She also enjoys eavesdropping on others for things that might interest her, like clues for a treasure hunt.
Sunny is described as energetic and very curious, she is also fond of delicious foods and any kind of liquor. She isn't very powerful, but her power is to change the refraction of light, allowing her to hide herself or change how an environment looks. However, her power gets weaker when the sun is not present, and rain gives away her illusions.
Sunny's name is based on the element which she draws power from; the sun.
Sunny Milk's depiction stayed the same in the entirety of her presence in the series bare for minor changes to her clothes. In Eastern and Little Nature Deity, she has short red hair braided at the sides of her head with red ribbons, as well as blue eyes. She wears a red and white dress with long sleeves and frills, along with a pink ribbon attached at the top of the dress. She also wears red shoes, as well as a maid headband between her braids.
In Strange and Bright Nature Deity, her dress gains additional details; the middle of her sleeves now have red ribbons attached to them, the end of her sleeves now have a red line, and the bottom of her dress now have a white line. Her pink ribbon is changed for a yellow neckerchief and her shoes are now black and white.
Sunny lives with Luna Child and Star Sapphire in the same house. They often go out together when playing pranks. She, along with her two partners, met a lot of the residents of Gensokyo in their daily adventures. They are also one of the few customers who actually used the services of Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop, its owner sometimes help the trio, and the opposite as well, although she is also prone to their pranks. They are also impressed by Cirno's ability to control ice, asking' her to help with some pranks, but soon after end in a small war against her.
- Eastern and Little Nature Deity / Strange and Bright Nature Deity / Oriental Sacred Place
It is worth mentioning that during Strange and Bright Nature Deity, Sunny moves from her residence in the Forest of Magic to a new home near the Hakurei Shrine.
- Fairy Wars
In Strange and Bright Nature Deity, during New Year's eve, Sunny decides that she wants to bond all the fairies together to cause an incident, Sunny decides to crush 'Cirno's house, along with her partners and leaving a flag showcasing images of their faces to show their superiority. Afterwards, Cirno decides to send them a declaration of war, however, the fairy trio believes that it's from the humans and train for the months to come everyday, believing they would soon fight Reimu.
The next spring, they are confronted by Cirno, who was reminded by the fairies flag that they had destroyed her house months prior, resulting in the Fairy War.
- Sunny and her partners originally lived in a tree house within Forest of Magic. According to the story, the location of the house was quite close to where Alice Margatroid and Marisa Kirisame live, making them neighbors despite the fact that they are oblivious to Alice's existence in the beginning of the story.
- ZUN stated that the reason why he chose Sunny, Luna, and Star as main characters is because the three of them have little fighting ability, yet are much more outgoing than Rinnosuke, making them ideal characters for introducing various aspects of Gensokyo's daily life that Rinnosuke does not participate in.
- Sunny, Luna, and Star are the first characters in the series to originally appear in a comic, then later in a game.
- Around and after the time Fairy Wars was released, Sunny and her partners have started to appear in more fan games as bosses of considerable power/difficulty, with New Super Marisa Land being the first game.
<toggledisplay showtext="Show spell cards" hidetext="Hide spell cards"> Sunny Milk
|陽光「サンシャインブラスト」||Sunlight "Sunshine Blast"||FW||A1-3: E/N/H/L|
|虹光「プリズムフラッシュ」||Rainbow Light "Prism Flash"||FW||A2-2: E/N/H/L|
|光精「ダイアモンドリング」||Light Fairy "Diamond Ring"||FW||A2-2: E/N/H/L|
|光符「ブルーディフレクション」||Light Sign "Blue Deflection"||FW||A2-2: E/N/H/L|
|日符「アグレッシブライト」||Sun Sign "Aggressive Light"||FW||B-1: E/N/H/L|
|日符「ダイレクトサンライト」||Sun Sign "Direct Sunlight"||FW||B-1: E/N/H/L|
|瞬光「フェイタルフラッシュ」||Flickering Light "Fatal Flash"||FW
|光精「クロスディフュージョン」||Light Fairy "Cross Diffusion"||FW||C1-2: E/N/H/L|
|光符「イエローディフレクション」||Light Sign "Yellow Deflection"||FW||C1-2: E/N/H/L|
|陽光「サンシャインニードル」||Sunlight "Sunshine Needle"||FW||C2-3: E/N/H/L|
<toggledisplay showtext="Show sources" hidetext="Hide sources">
- 2005/05 - 2006/05 Eastern and Little Nature Deity
- 2005/08/11 Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red - Article and Interview: Fairies
- 2006/05 - 2009/01 Strange and Bright Nature Deity
- 2006/12/27 Perfect Memento in Strict Sense - Sunny Milk
- 2009/01 - present Oriental Sacred Place
- 2010/08/14 Fairy Wars