Hello! Do you mind if I change the hyphen capitalizations and song names back on the music page? The names now no longer match the other ones on the site and the words are capitalized incorrectly. Altair (talk) 17:37, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
- I thought the style was that if it is title case, both segments of the hyphenated word is capitalized. It is used in MLA and APA. --DTM (talk) 17:48, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
I'll stick with those then. I generally do everything by Chicago style, which doesn't capitalize those because they're one compound word. Chicago is generally used more for fiction while MLA and APA tend to be academic style guides. Though honestly, they're all just different versions of the same stuff! I'll contact you by Discord if I run into any other consistency things. Altair (talk) 18:43, 12 August 2017 (UTC)
uhhhh i know i basically gave the OK just now w/r/t me doing stuff @ the thpatch site, but after a quick check over there i wanted to ask one question: is namelesslegacy still, like, actively working there. i thought he basically relinquished ownership a while back and i was still under that impression as of a few minutes ago. i'm real sorry, it's nothing personal-- i just would really rather not work in the vicinity of that guy? and i'll have to decline if he's still around. :/ (but even if that's the case, you can totally feel free to use any of my translations you want from here.) Gilde (talk) 01:19, 13 August 2017 (UTC)
- He did relinquished ownership, though since then the ownership status of thcrap has been in a sort of limbo. From what I can gather, it is now "owned" by what I will call the "thpatch community." He still works on thcrap though, like coding the patch support for TH16. Though you could help without "being involved," I understand your reasons for your declination. --DTM (talk) 01:58, 13 August 2017 (UTC)
- Hello, Glide. Sorry to barge in, but I just wanted to clear a few things up. It is very unfortunate to hear about your decline, because as one of the "official" English translators we would've loved to have you on board.
- You might have your personal reservations against nmlgc, or might have just "heard things from the past", I don't know. In any case, he is in fact still actively working on thcrap and the thpatch site as a technical developer maintainer and supporter, along with the rest of the developer team. Many of us staffers on thpatch look up to him as a respectable, friendly and very hard working man, and it's thanks to his efforts that we can now play translated Touhou 16 within 9 hours of the official release. So, whatever "hateful things" he might have said about the community are long in the past, because these days we certainly never hear him speak about it anymore.
- Second, you would never have to interact with him in the discord translation channel if you don't want to, because he neither cares or really wants anything to do with actual translatable content. All he really does is making sure that us staffers have the tools to create high quality translations of the Touhou games.
- Perhaps that wasn't enough to convince you and we don't want to force you to anything, but at least try to consider joining anyway and take a glimpse at our hard working community. Thanks, --Splashman (blub) (talk) 03:57, 13 August 2017 (UTC)
- @dtm: thank yoooouuuu (; --) again, real sorry Gilde (talk) 22:26, 13 August 2017 (UTC)