Welcome to Touhou Wiki! Please enjoy your stay, and we wish you many successful edits.
- Check out the most Recent changes to the Wiki, for a good idea on current editing work.
- Questions? You can ask at the central discussion page or on the talk page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page. You can also chat with us directly on IRC in #touhouwiki, at irc.ppirc.net
- Need help? The Community Portal has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit.
- Please sign in every time you edit, so that we can recognise you!
- Confused about Wiki editing? We have some general guidelines we like to follow.
We're glad to have a new member of the community!
Momiji 17:09, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
I'm just a fellow wiki editor, but I thought I might leave a message here about your recent edits. It seems like you mean to do good for the wiki, which is awesome, but if you'd like some policy changed you should start a conversation here or at the guidelines page. Totally changing things without finding out other people's opinions kind of destroys the point of a wiki, after all. Flan27 (talk) 08:46, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- It's definitely true that the wiki's an inconsistent mess. With such a huge amount of information and contributors, it's kind of inevitable. It's because of all the different contributors and their different approaches that problems come up. It's respectable to try to improve things, but if you don't communicate with others then they'll see you as another person who is making the wiki less consistent. It's important that people understand and agree to(or are given the opportunity to understand and agree to) the changes taking place here. Honestly, I don't really understand what you're getting at myself, although I'm pretty ignorant of the different rules and stuff, too. Flan27 (talk) 00:31, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
- Sounds like you're pretty frustrated. Well, I don't really know what you're talking about, but when it comes to accuracy and convenience in translating something, there's a lot of grey area. There are a lot of people who are so nit-picky about being accurate that they prevent a translation from reaching it's real potential, and on the other hand there are people who change things on a whim so much that the original meaning of the text is lost. Oh, but, well, what I'm saying probably isn't very relevant. It sounds like you have a history here and also a strong opinion, but I don't really know anything about it. I originally messaged you just because I had undone a couple of your edits, and I didn't want to seem mean about it so I thought I'd message you. If you change things against policy without getting a group consensus then lots of other users, including me, are apt to undo those edits, but I'm not mad at you, and I'm glad that I could talk with you like this. Flan27 (talk) 17:19, 13 April 2014 (UTC)