Welcome to Touhou Wiki! Please enjoy your stay, and we wish you many successful edits.
- Check out the most Recent changes to the Wiki, for a good idea on current editing work.
- Questions? You can ask at the central discussion page or on the talk page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page. You can also chat with us directly on IRC in #touhouwiki, at irc.ppirc.net
- Need help? The Community Portal has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit.
- Please sign in every time you edit, so that we can recognise you!
- Confused about Wiki editing? We have some general guidelines we like to follow.
We're glad to have a new member of the community!
Momiji 13:28, 22 December 2010 (PST)
- Yeah, give them to the rival to lower the character's affection toward them faster after dueling. That use is only available if you get a gift from the end-battle reward. Morrolan (talk) 11:15, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
- How did you manage to take the exact beginning and end values for spellcard %s from the data? I can get the exact beginning values, but the coding is weird, so I can only guess about the lv10 + masteries values...
- Oh, and speaking of which, how did you obtain the exact growth aptitude values as well? Are they estimates? -- Naï (talk) 19:21, 26 May 2014 (UTC)
- The spellcard damage values are just calculating the 5% increase at each level, truncating any decimals every level. The character growths are in chara_data.ks as:
- sf.chara=80; //HP升級權值
- sf.chara=72; //ATK升級權值
- sf.chara=85; //HIT升級權值
- sf.chara=114; //DODGE升級權值
- checking the costs for someone ingame will show that hp costs 1/10 that number per point while the other three stats are 1/2 per point. (without equipment)
- The aptitudes listed on the earlier games' sites appear to be based on those growth numbers, with the breakpoints being at 75, 100 and 125... minus the rare typo. --Morrolan (talk) 20:37, 26 May 2014 (UTC)
Um, excuse me if I'm bothering you again, but where do you get the gift likes and dislikes of a mon from the data? That's something I haven't found inside the data yet, perhaps because I haven't meddled enough with it.
I'm also establishing a few character pages guidelines based on what you've been telling me, the recently created templates and such, and displaying them in the Talk:Touhou Pocket Wars 2nd/Characters page. I quoted you a little, too, hopefully you won't mind~.
- Oh, I also forgot to ask where you got which cards are from which pack! I did look even in the shop file, but couldn't interpret any data I found, so I had no luck with it... -- Naï (talk) 23:54, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
- It is in shop.
- tf.card_pack=[0,1,5,6]; //可抽到的符卡ID
- tf.card_pack=[0,300,400,200]; //可抽到的符卡權值
- The first bracket is the character, second is the pack: Reimu's 3rd pack has card 1, 5 and 6 with the second line being the relative odds of getting each card.
Gifts are in tpw_init.ks with patch changes in room.ks
- f.gift_item = [12,'ハードカバーの魔道書',0,0,250,[2,21,22,28,37,40,56,59,60],[18,3,24,25,32,39,41,51],[3,6,11,17,27,34,43,47,54],250];
- f.gift_item = [18,19,24,25,32,39,41,51];
Okay, so I think I'm pretty much done with the patch (I'll name it patch2.exe). However, I'm having trouble repacking it into a working .xp3 file. I managed to do so with the Insani tools, but the game would then crash (apparently, the Insani tools have incomplete encryption or something); Crass's Assage is apparently still in development, and I can't get kirikiri.exe to work even if I open a command prompt in the directory with both the .exe and the patch folder on it... what am I doing wrong? ;;
Also, how do you determine the maximum height a spellcard effect can reach by reading the data?... like Eirin's Forbidden Arcanum, for example?
- Insani worked fine when I was fiddling with the files two years ago. Does it say anything useful when the game crashes, like a file and line number? A common cause of crashes is apostrophes. They need to be preceded by a backslash if they\'re meant to be displayed.
- The spellcard effect changes from level ups are the first two numbers on the line that also has the mpcost, hit and cri changes: sf.card. The first number for each stat is the base change. Then a random integer between zero and the second number is added to it. So... +3% HP per level is the max for the res. --Morrolan (talk) 23:59, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
HIII, ALEISTER O_O
(Don't mind me, I've been watching too much Index recently)
Could you send me a list of name changes you made to spellcards later, as well as a short reason for the renaming of each one? I noticed you were simply following the official translations for the Tewi spellcards, for example (though I don't follow a few of the official translations myself for the Prismriver sisters - and, in fact, I refuse to! I worked hard, you know), and it's kind of too late to add them to the patch now, but with a list I can make in-game changes in the next English patch~.
As for the patch itself, it's about ready, and seems to be working overall. There were actually many problems (though the \' issue did come up here and there): what took me the most time was a problem with room.ks, in which the translation code refused to interact properly in the same [iscript][endscript] set as the 1.05 code (unlike what ver0.12's room.ks suggests)... so I had to make a separate coding section for it instead, and then it magically worked (?). I plan on uploading it tomorrow, along with a changelog. o/
There's still A LOT to be translated - in fact, it's kind of sad, really! - but I should somehow manage later... though I will most certainly either need help with the dialogue or learn Japanese myself for translating it, I can at least translate the event choices, which are a little critical imo, with either minimal to no help. Hopefully.