Watatsuki no Yorihime
Watatsuki no Yorihime
watat͡sɯ̥kʲi no joɽʲiçʲime (♫)
More Character Titles
Easily absorbs knowledge, superb swordsmanship skills, can summon the power of the gods.
at least 1500
Leader of the Lunar Defense Corps
Yorihime is the more serious younger sister of Toyohime, and is one of Eirin Yagokoro's self-proclaimed 'successors'. She seems to be a little bit tsundere, since in Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth, she says she went to Eientei just to make sure Toyohime actually returned, though she really just followed her there because she didn't want to be left alone.
- Summoning the power of the gods
Like Reimu Hakurei, Yorihime is able to channel the power of the gods to do her bidding. However, her abilities in this area far outclass those of Reimu, who, at the time of Silent Sinner in Blue, was only just learning how to do it. With this power, she is able to cause various convenient effects depending on the god she has summoned:
- Caused lightning with the power of Honoikazuchi to attack Sakuya Izayoi.
- Dissipated Sakuya's knives through Kanayama-hiko no Mikoto's power, then rematerialized them to attack the maid in a combined attack with Honoikazuchi's lightning.
- Although it wasn't directly shown and the details are unknown, she attacked Marisa Kirisame with the power of Amatsu-Mikaboshi.
- Summoned Ishikori-dome no Mikoto to reflect one of Marisa Kirisame's lasers with the goddess' divine mirror (the Yata Mirror).
- Calling Ame-no-Uzume into her body, she became immune to Remilia Scarlet's bullets embued with the power of the night. The bullets wouldn't hit Yorihime even if she actively tried to touch them.
- Instantly defeated Remilia with a sun-based attack powered by Amaterasu Oomikami.
- Summoned Izunome to purify Reimu Hakurei's bullets from the calamitic power of Oomagatsumi.
After defeating Sakuya, Yorihime herself claims to have a myriad of techniques, and that if she was to only use one or two per battle she could win another 39.000.000 times.
Yorihime seems very proficient in swordmanship and shows extremely fast reaction speed. She easily cut down several of Marisa's danmaku, and reacted with blinding speed to the witch's Final Spark laser. Furthermore, when Marisa used Double Spark against her, Yorihime was able to prepare herself and simulaneously summon Ishikori-dome no Mikoto before any of the two lasers reached her.
At the time of Symposium of Post-mysticism, ZUN commented that Yorihime was too strong to be in a game, and he could only put her in a comic since in a game one should be able to defeat all the bosses. However, he referred to Hecatia Lapislazuli, who was a boss in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, as "completely past the level of anyone in Gensokyo or the Lunar Capital".
Yorihime owns a sword and is extremely skilled at using it.
The chosen names for the Watatsuki Sisters make a direct reference to the family history of the Dragon God, who can be referred to alternatively as Ryujin or ‘Watatsumi’. Individually, the sisters may refer to the Dragon God’s daughters, Toyotama-hime and her younger sister Tamayori-hime. Considering the events that were revealed in Chapter 3 of Cage in Lunatic Runagate, and that the Dragon Palace and the Lunar Capital are confirmed to be the the same place, it can be rumored that many of the legends about the Dragon Palace in fact took place on the Moon.
Light purple hair tied into a ponytail with a yellow ribbon; brown eyes. Wears a dark red dress with a strap on the right over a white short-sleeved blouse, and a loose belt with a gold sword-shaped buckle.
- Silent Sinner in Blue
After being warned by Eirin of the invasion, she intercepts and fights Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, and Remilia after their spaceship crashes on the Moon. She defeats all four of them after only having just learned how the spellcard rules worked, though Reimu gave her a bit of trouble. Afterwards she requests Reimu's help in helping clear her of suspected treason.
- Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth
Watatsuki no Yorihime on the Vol. 2 cover of Silent Sinner in Blue
Watatsuki no Yorihime in Silent Sinner in Blue
Yorihime in Silent Sinner in Blue
Watatsuki no Yorihime in Inaba of the Moon & Inaba of the Earth
Yorihime in Symposium of Post-mysticism, with other characters who don't appear in the book.
Yorihime character sketch by ZUN, from Strange Creators of Outer World 3.
Her older sister, while somewhat aloof, she and Toyohime appear to hold their relationships in high regard.
Distantly related to Eirin through marriage to their unnamed husbands (one of the Watatsuki sisters was the wife of Eirin's grandnephew, while the other one was married to their son), Eirin was also their teacher, whom they treat with much respect and admiration, despite Eirin being a fugitive.
Her former pet.
Her current pet.
They are the Gatekeepers of the Moon Capital.
- In Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth, Tewi Inaba indirectly knocked out Yorihime using a pitfall, making Tewi the only character to defeat her; although, both Reisens took the credit. Because it wasn't a direct fight but rather by pure chance, Yorihime is still undefeated in a proper match. More importantly, she – along with VIVIT from the Seihou Project – are thought to be the only ever known characters to defeat Reimu Hakurei, who hasn't yet been defeated by the shrine maiden.
- She and her sister are two of four characters so far known to be/to have been married. The others are Seiga Kaku and Junko.
- Her ability to use a sword in combat is chiefly unknown due to her preference to summon gods, but she has enough skill/strength to block Marisa's Master Spark.
|This page is part of Project Characters, a Touhou Wiki project that aims to write proper descriptions for all official characters of Touhou Project. Please keep the character page guidelines in mind when contributing.|