White Names Spoiled Past
The game contains fan-made characters made by NRT as hypothetical versions of unknown figures from official games of the Touhou Project, such as Sasha Sashiromiya who's based on the unknown figure from Touhou Hisoutensoku. The game (and by extension, NRT) pokes fun at itself for featuring fan-made characters that quickly became forgotten.
Unlike the regular Touhou games, White Names incorporates mystery-solving elements in addition to danmaku. This factors into both the story, which contains hints as to the identity of the culprit, and the game system itself, which requires a good deal of thought in order to be used effectively. Despite the danmaku and the mystery going hand-in-hand, however, the game should ideally still be enjoyable to anyone who only likes one or the other. Until it comes time for the Extra Stage, anyway...
One day, Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirisame and Sanae Kochiya discover that the humans of Gensokyo have become unable to form memories. As they separately prepare to investigate the incident, they're each visited by someone claiming to have information on the culprit. They each set off alongside their new companion, and quickly find that the situation is more complicated than it seems...
White Names features original music in the style of ZUN, composed by Misora (深蒼穹).
- Full English patch for the game, with very few things left to be translated
- 'Conversation only' English patch (using the translations from Story)
- PatchFix to remove a mistake the creator of the patch above made which makes it impossible to unlock extra
- How to download
In case you can't work out how to download the game, here's some instructions:
- Rather than going onto the website and clicking "東方白塵記 ～ White names spoiled past" for main scenario, go to this link: "http://www1.axfc.net/u/3319280".
- Enter the correct Captcha code in the text-box and click the button "[ 3319380.lzhをダウンロードします。]"
- Click where it says "click here to start download." and, if you don't see a download window, click "こちら".
- Once downloaded, extract the file using a program that compatible with .lzh and start playing.
- For the extra stage, go to http://www1.axfc.net/u/3398498 and follow the same steps on 2–4.